Run!

Chapter 10: Run!

"Hey Sky, you almost done with that level yet?" Pearl asked through the CQ-80.

"No... This one is a tough." 8 replied.

She's been trying to beat this level for about 2 hours now and she was exhausted. But if she quit, CQ-Cumber would be mad at her.

"Yo just call it a day, don't worry about mister sea cumber there!"

"But he said if I quit, he will 'hunt' me down" She whispered, since CQ had made his way into the room she was in.

"Pfft, He ain't gonna do nothin'! With his tiny legs, it'll take him a long time to find you!" The rapper said. "Now bring yo butt home!"

"... Ok" Sky said, unsure if she really should. But she was exhausted and wanted some relax time.

She turned towards CQ with a slightly scared expression.

"Um CQ? May I go home now? "

CQ looked at Sky and shook his head. "Not until you complete this level."

Sky started to feel a little irritated with the CQ. "But I've been at it for 2 hours! Can I at least get a break?!"

"You haven't done anything to deserve a break Ms. 8."

Sky was shocked at his response. What did he mean she didn't do anything to deserve a break?!

So she snapped. "I didn't do anything? I completed 79 levels in this Metro! I do all the work while you sit on your butt and boss me around! Why don't you do this level yourself, you lazy cumber!"

There was complete silence after that outburst.

Sky continued to stare at CQ, waiting for his response. CQ looked at Sky with a blank face before scowling.

"You little brat, how dare you!" He exclaimed, standing on his now extended legs, almost as tall as her.

Sky took a step back as he did that, worried on what he was gonna do next.

Without warning, his legs arched like a spider and charge towards her.

Sky screamed in terror as she turned and bolted away from the cumber.

The CQ was right in her tail as he chased her out the Metro, to the center of Inkopolis.

Many Inklings and Octolings stared at the two in confusion, surprise and terror as they raced passed.

Sky made a beeline to the house. She slammed the door open and just as quickly, she slammed it back shut.

Sliding down to the floor,  she took in large amounts of air into her lungs as she tried to catch her breath.

"Um Sky? You alright?"

She lifts her head up to see her short mom kneeling in front of her with a concerned look.

Y-yeah, its just...CQ started chasing me... After I had yelled at him." She replied,  pausing in between to take breathers.

"Chasing you? Pfft come on Sky! CQ's legs are so short,  it'll probably take him a whole month to reach here."

"But, He somehow extended his legs to where he is almost as tall as me! And he was super quick too!"

Pearl shook her head before standing up. The rapper made her way to the door.

"I'll check outside for a second then. I really don't think CQ could have come this far yo!" She said, opening the door.

Pearl's face lost its color as she spots CQ standing on his arched extended legs, waiting for the little Octoling to come out.

The rapper let out a yelp before slamming the door. "How the shell did he get here?!"

"I told you!  His legs made him super quicker!" Sky exclaimed,  frightened that the cumber was still waiting for her.

"What the shell do we do?!" Peal said,  freaking out slightly.

"L-lets wait for mommy to get back."

Marina was out grocery shopping.

"Good idea, maybe she can get him to go back to the Metro!"

The door opened and Marina stepped inside. "Hey guys!" She said.

She looked at her girlfriend and daughter. "Um you guys okay?"

They both nodded quickly. "Y-Yeah totally!"

"Listen Mar-" Pearl was cut off.  "Oh, CQ was outside so I invited him to dinner!"

Marina step sided to allow CQ to crawl his way inside the house. Sky and Pearl stared at Marina with a shocked looked, then CQ before bolting upstairs. 

Marina was perplexed at their action. "CQ, did you do something to them?"

"Of course not!" He replied, with a smile.

"Ok... Let me go get them.  Make yourself at home!"
-----------------------------------------------------------
So this chapter comes from that weird thing CQ does before choosing your weapon.  I find that very scary to watch.

Hope ya enjoyed this and see ya next time!