The Overprotective Parents

Chapter 3: The Overprotective Parents

"No, We ain't letting you go by yourself 8!" Pearl said with a annoyed look.

"But I'll only be gone for an hour or two." 8 complained.

"I don't care! Last time you were out for more than an hour, you got attacked by those stupid squids!" Pearl reminded.

Marina stands in the background as the two argue, debating whether to let them countinue or step in.

She decided to just step in since she was worried it would get out of hand.

"Uh guys can you just stop arguing please?" Marina asks as she steps between the two.

They stopped and just glared at one another.

"8, after what happened last week, I don't think it's safe for you to go out by yourself..." Marina explained calmly.

8 thought about what the DJ said.

"I guess you're right... But since you don't want me to go by myself, can you guys come with me?" 8 asked.

"I don't know... We have to announce the stages soon and work on our new song." Marina said.

"Ah Sure we can! I'm sure the staff will understand yo!"

"But Pearlie-"

"It's fine Mar! Besides it'd be fun to just have just do something else other than work ya know" Pearl said as she jumped up and down.

"Yeah, that would be nice." Marina agreed with a smile.

"So can we go?" 8 asked hopefully.

"Yeah!" Marina replied, patting 8's head gently.

"Thanks guys!" 8 says as she wraps both of them in a hug.

"No problem yo" Pearl says, hugging back.

They gathered their gear and left to the lobby.

Pearl was scanning the area for the 3 squids that harmed 8. Luckly she didn't see them and eased up a bit.

Pearl missed looked a place where the 3 Inklings were watching the small group with a glare.

"Pff, she's all talk. Forehead ain't gonna do anything." Said the inkling holding the Neo Sploosh-o-matic.

"I don't know, Greg... She looked really pissed and serious." Said his friend, with the dapple dualies, with the other inkling with the pro agreeing.

"Oh come on! Don't tell me you guys scared of a 4'9 gremlin!" Greg said in disbelief.

"Pfft Of course not man..." the roller user says.

"Then prove it by coming with me to splat the shell out of them." Greg said.

They nod and walk into the lobby.

-----------------------------------------------------------

They appear on Walleye Warehouse.

"Oh, Pearlie! Do you see all this machinery?!" Marina gasped, as she admires the stage.

"Mar, stop being a tech geek!" Pearl says jokly.

"I'm an enthusiast! Not a geek!" Marina replied with annoynce.

8 just giggled at the two as they went back and forth.

"Come on guys, Let's win this!" 8 said, interrupting the idols.

They spawned and immediately started inking the stage.

Pearl and Marina had tried to stay with 8 as much as possible but ended up drifting apart from one another.

8 was left alone as she swam to a untouched corner of the opponents side of the stage. There was 3 minutes left on the clock.

"Hehe look who's here!"

8 turned around, ready to splat the person but was immediately pushed back by a burst bomb.

"Don't even think about doing that. That'll only make things worst for ya"

8 looked at the squid, recognizing him as the one that attack her last week, along with his 2 friends.

"What do you squids want now? We are in a middle of a match here." 8 stated.

"We just want to see our favorite Octoling of course! Greg says, sarcastically.

8 doesn't catch on and actually was puzzled by their response.

"Favorite? Why would I be your favorite." She asked in confusion.

"Oh you'll find out soon."

Greg raised his Sploosh-o-matic and instead of splatting her, he hit her with the base of his weapon.

8 fell to the ground, rubbing the spot that made contact with the weapon.

"Ouch.. why'd you do that?!" 8 asked.

They didn't answer as they advanced towards her.

Then a sound of someone being splatted was heard from behind Greg.

He turned and saw one of his friends had been splatted by one pissed off rapper.

"Tsk, What the shell are you doing to 8?!" Didn't I say, if I catch y'all messing with anyone else, I'll splat you!"

"Ha! Is that a threat miss forehead?" Greg asked.

"You bet it was!" Pearl barked back.

Greg grabbed a bomb and was about to hurt it towards 8 but Pearl quickly moved in front of her, placing a splash wall between them.

Pearl knelt down to 8 with her eyebrows scrunched up in worry.

"You okay?" She asked as she places a hand on her cheek.

8 nods and smiles to ressure Pearl.

"Tsk like thats gonna stop me from splatting you two!"

Greg attacked the wall and soon it broke and he was advancing towards them.

Pearl and 8 close their eyes as they wait for the shots to fire upon them.

Splat! Splat!

That's all they heard but it wasn't them that got splatted.

Opening their eyes, they see Marina, with a slightly annoyed look, holding her Octobrush.

"Marina!" They both exclamied.

Marina runs up to them and scans them over for any injuries, besides the enemy's ink.

She sees a small bruise on 8 from where Greg had hit her.

"8! Are you okay?!" Marina asked.

"Yeah, just a small bruise that's all." 8 said, with a smile.

They completly forgotten that they were in a turf match and was startled when Now or Never began to play in the background.

"Holy squid! Let's get to inking!" Pearl shouted as she turned to squid form and swam through the ink.

Marina and 8 looked at one another before heading off after her.

That's all for this chapter for this chapter! Sorry there hasn't been any updates lately. School just ended for me today so I'll have loads of time on my hands!