Cake or Ice cream

Chapter: 11 Cake or Ice cream

"Good work today Sky!" 3 said,  patting the small Octoling's shoulder.

"Thanks Tera, you did great too!" Sky smiled at the agent.

"What about me? How did I do?" 4 asked.

8 laughed. "You did good too Rico!"

"You did good at getting splatted..." 3 muttered which 8 elbowed her gently.

"Uh what was that 3?" Rico asked.

Tera smirked. "I said-" She was cut off.  "Never mind that! I gotta run! Peace!" 4 said,  running off towards the Cuttlefish hut.

8 laughed while 3 grumbled on how annoying 4 can be. 

They began putting up their gear.

"Soo since its just us two I was wondering if-" Tera was cut off by a shout.

"Agent 8! Agent 3"

They looked behind them to see Callie rushing towards them.

"What's up Callie?" Sky asked.

"The sky! Jokes aside, I have good news for both of you. Grandpa decided to give everyone nice break from doing any sort of agent work!"

"Really?! That's awesome!" 8 exclaimed,  excitedly. Finally a break!

"That's cool and all but who's gonna watch over Octavio?" 3 pointed at the trapped king.

"No one. Even if Octavio escapes, he won't have anyone to control over since most of the Octolings made it  to the surface." Marie walked over,  now standing next to her cousin.

" 'Most of the Octolings.' What about the rest?" 3 questioned.

Sky placed a hand on Tera's shoulder. "Come on Tera, the rest of the Octolings are probably hiding out somewhere,  waiting to be showed the light! Besides Octavio is showing no signs of attempting to escape. Look at him!" 8 pointed towards the DJ.

Octavio was just chilling in his snow globe, not caring about what's going out on the outside.

"I guess your right.  Besides I think a couple days off of duty can be fun!" 3 smiled.

"It 'will' be fun!" 8 corrected, hugging the now blushing agent.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"AYO Its ya girl,  Pearl! Aka MC Princess,  Aka MC Danger Noodle Aka-"

"It's Off The Hook coming at ya live from Inkopolis Square! Marina said,  cutting off her hyperactive girlfriend.

" Today is a very special day y'all!" Pearl cheered.

"Why is it so special Pearlie?"

"Today is the day we had our first Splatfest!"

Marina smiled widely.  "Oh yeah! Ice cream vs Cake!"

"You mean Cake vs Ice cream!" Pearl corrected with a grin.

"Same difference Pearlie. Ice cream scared the frosting off of the Cake!" Marina reminded.

"Pfft Ice Cream will always be better than Cake!  I mean, Cake will always be better than Ice cream!" Pearl corrected herself.

"Even Pearlie admitted it everyone! Shout-out to team Ice cream!" Marina cheered.

Pearl grumbled slightly.  "Anyway,  here are the regular battle stages..."
-----------------------------------------------------------

"So what should we do to celebrate this wonderful day?" Pearl asked as they entered the house.