Chapter 2

The walk home which was normally quiet and peaceful was filled with loud howls of excitement from the students who were ecstatic that summer break was practically tomorrow. 

I, although happy to be done with high school, dreaded the long-awaited trip on Aiden's yacht to Hawaii - which was almost, almost, making me wish school was longer.

Almost.

I ascended the stairs to our not tiny, but not huge modern house and headed inside and was greeted by my brother, Peter. "Hey sis, you're just in time. I'm gonna watch Stranger Things, wanna join?" 

I shook my head and headed for the kitchen, he followed and grabbed popcorn, popping it into the microwave. 

"I still have a few things to pack," I said grabbing an apple.

"Alright, I get it, movie night with your older brother isn't cool anymore," He said with a sad smile.

I shook my head, "They're still cool." I reassured, "I thought you weren't coming home till the weekend?"

With the sad smile gone he shrugged, "I finished exams early and came to surprise you and dad."

I smiled, "Well, I'm surprised and happy you came. I'm sure dad will be too."

"Late shift?"

I nodded.

He sighed, "Well then, just me and Netflix tonight I guess."

Taking a bite out of the apple, I smiled, "I'll join you when I'm done packing." I walked up to him, hugged him and then walked off to my room. Halfway done packing I reached for my phone charger and my phone that were on my nightstand.  

Only one problem, I only grabbed my phone charger.

I slowly get up off the floor, walk to my bed and rummage around in my bag.

Nothing.

Brows pinching together, I run to my closet, but nothing.

I hurry downstairs and look at the counter. Nothing.

Weird. I know I had it, "Hey Pete," I yell out, "You seen my phone?"

"Nope!"

Panic arose in my stomach. I know I had it with me at school. Oh god don't tell me I lost it at school. The butterflies fluttered harder, making me more nervous. Okay, breathe. The last time I had it was the last period.

Last period I was in art class. Who do I have that class with?

Realization hit me like a damn bus.  

Aiden.

----

The deep burning feeling of dread in my stomach made me stay put on the spot in the kitchen. Who needs a phone anyway, right? I mean there are other ways of communication - like computers, landlines, and...and other communicative devices. A cellphone? Who needs them? They're overrated anyway.

I sighed as I pounded on the bright white door in front of me. God this was so stupid. Why did I have the attention span of a peanut? Why did it have to be Aiden freaking Taylor of all people? I'd prefer Abby of all people.

I cringed at that thought. Yeah, never mind. I'd prefer Aiden over that satan spawn. 

The door opened and revealed no other than the jackass himself. With a look of annoyance and anger on his face, he asked, "What do you want?"

I blinked, "Charming, Taylor, truly." 

He didn't flinch, "One of many charming traits of mine, Princess. Now, why are you here?"