1

SEPTEMBER 5TH 2018

Sophomore year:

She walks in with a bunch of other students she doesn't know , hoping for the best.

He, on the other hand, walks in with the rest of the jocks, joking around and laughing.

     "Yo. I heard there's 2 new girls today" Bryce points out. Justin rolls his eyes.

  "Of course YOU would be excited about that." Everyone within their group laughs.

"Shut up. So Monty, what's good with the black eye" Monty shrugs.

"Its nothing." Bryce shrugs

As she walks around, trying to find her locker, she bumps into a girl with long, brown, wavy hair.

"Oh my. I'm so sorry" she says. The girl just laughs.

"Its fine. I'm Hannah by the way." Hannah sticks out her hand

"Maggie. Nice to meet you" Maggie shakes her hand. They help each other find their lockers and open them. "You know, I think we could be good friends" Hanna nods laughing a little.

"Hey! We have 5 classes together. That's so cool!" Hannah squeals. Maggie nods checking out the rest of her classes, smiling a little.  As Maggie closes her locker, the two girls are greeted by a group of kids in Letterman jackets.

The jocks.

"Hey ladies. I see that you two must be the new faces of liberty high. I'm Bryce, and welcome to liberty high" the entire time Bryce was talking, Maggie's eyes were set on the kid next to him, wearing plaid. With A black eye, which looked horrible. She wondered how and where he could of got that. She wanted to ask him, but she didn't want to push him, so she stayed quiet about it.

"This is Justin, Zach, Jeff, and montgomery"

"Well I'm Hannah and this is Maggie." Bryce nods, and Maggie can see Hannah looking at the kid Justin, and him looking back. She smiled a little.

"Well, it's been Nice, and again, welcome to liberty. We will see you around" they say their goodbyes, and the jocks leave. Maggie keeps her eyes on the 'Monty' kid.  

She watched him touch his eye and wince a little. When he looked at her and noticed, his eyes turned cold and he walked away.

"Hmm. That was weird." Maggie shrugged as Hannah laughed.

"Yea. That kid Justin, he's cute" Maggie smacks her arm a little.

"Oh goodness" the bell rings. "Let's go to class." They walk together.

When they get in class, they sit together. A girl walks up to them, a huge smile on her face.

"Hey guys!! I'm Jess. Welcome." They greet each other and talk a while before the second bell rings.

The last kid Maggie sees coming in, is the same kid with the black eye.

'Maybe Jess knows' she thought to her self ignoring her surroundings for a few seconds.

"Hey. What's the deal with that kids eyes. It looks really bad." Jess has a concerned look on her face.

"That's Montgomery. He's bad news Maggie. Do NOT associate with him. At. All. Ok?" Maggie furrows her eyebrows

"Why?" Jess sighs.

"He's the biggest bully at liberty. Of course he's with my group of friends, so I have to deal with him, and that's how I know. So promise me you won't bother with him" Maggie sighs and crosses her fingers under the table.

"I promise" Jess smiles

"Good. Now let's do this work." Maggie nods, but her mind just isn't in the class. It's in him. She can't focus on any thing but him and his eye and what Jess said.

Maybe she's right, he's a bully and a jock, it's probably from a fight.

She shakes it off and starts doing the work, occasionally looking at him, as he jokes around with his friends.