3

Maddie:

Just like that, he left, again

Just like that, he left, again. I asked him if he was ok, and he went right back to the same kid, cold eyed and rude.

I wish I knew what was up with him. Why though. Why do i care so much?

That question ran through my head all day. The last time I cared, I was the one who actually suffered. Badly.

I'm not going to worry anymore. About him, at all. He's a dumb jock who probably doesn't want any thing to do with me. It was a fight. That's all.

That's how all jocks are.

But I do still need to know how we are going to the project.

I went to my next class, but he wasn't there. I shrugged it off. I'll ask him later.

I sat with Jess and we basically just joked around the entire period.

"So-uh how did your project go with monty" I shrugged.

"Fine. He's just another kid I guess." She scoffs.

"Yea. Until you get to know him. YOU might be lucky enough to just witness it all on your own." I furrow my brows.

"What you mean?" She does a scoff-laugh.

"Monty isn't nice. He isn't a normal kid. He's ruthless. He has no remorse for the things he does. Out of all the jocks, even Bryce, he's the worst. He doesn't know when to stop. He just keeps going. On and on, until he's either dragged away or tired. So just watch out. Please. I don't know how many times I'm going to tell you before you listen, but just....just stay away." I nod. There was a laughing Behind us so we both turned our heads.  I saw Bryce chuckling to himself.

"Well. Jess didn't know I was that bad. But what she said is mostly true Maggie. Now Monty isn't a rude kid, he just has really bad anger issues and he can't control himself. He takes after-"

"MR. walker, please take your seat." He shrugs.

"Sorry. Gotta sit." I suck my teeth. Who does he take after.

At that moment, he walked into the door.

"Mr.cruz, your late. Very late." He smirked and shrugged.

"Well. The bell is about to ring. So just take out a book to read, or talk quietly"

"Bryce" I whispered his name causing him to turn his head. "Finsh what you were saying" Monty looked between the 2 of us and Bryce smirked..

He did a "zipped lips" gesture before turning back around and talking to his friends.

I sigh. I'll find out.

                     *after school*

I started my walk "home". Yes I put home in quotation marks. It's not home. And lately, my family is making it worse. My parents just got a divorce, and now it's just me and my dad. And his friends, his god awful friends.

I walk up the street and see a bunch of cars. Great. I look up to the driveway and see that my dad's car isn't even there. Just great.

I sigh walking in to all of his drunk friends.

"AYE!! NOW WE CAN REALLY HAVE FUN" Jack says. I roll my eyes.

"Where's my dad?" They laugh.

"He went out for a little. Told us we could stay to watch you. And boy I would watch you all day." I try to make my way past them as he looks at me, like he's hungry. He runs and grabs my wrist. I try to pry myself off of him, but he's too strong.

"Don't try to pull away baby" I cringe as he kisses my neck, sucking on it.

"STOP" I yelled before he could get any further. He laughs and slaps my ass before sitting back down. I run up to my room.

I start packing my stuff, making sure I locked the door so no one could come in. I opened the window and slowly crawled out. I've don't this a thousand times since I got here, almost everyday. I've been here since the summer. I take my stuff out the window and crawl down the roof.

I run down the street to the park, tears threatening to fall. I wipe my eyes.

I sit on the swing. I look up when I hear a door slam shut. I see a teenager, walking my way. As he gets closer, I see it's monty, with a bag as well. He's got a bloody nose and a busted lip.

What the hell happened to him.

He sees me and tries to turn the other way, his eyes widening a bit.

"MONTY. Monty wait." He turns around, cold eyed as usual.

"What maggie" I sighs and take a closer look at his face.

"What happened. Are you ok?" He rolled his eyes.

"Do nt worry about it, im fine" I sigh. He keeps waking.

"Are you sure. You don't look fine." He quickly turns around.

"I said. I'm fine" he yells. I scoff.

"I'm just trying to help you."

"WELL I DONT NEED YOUR HELP."

"JESUS MONTGOMERY, WHY DO YOU PUSH ME AWAY"

"WHY THE HELL DOY OU CARE SO MUCH" he got me there.

"I-i don't know. Just please. Let me know what's going on, so I can help you." He scoffs

"I don't want your help. I don't NEED your help." I just shake my head.

"You know what. Fine. I give up. Whatever." He looks upset. I start walking away.

"Maggie wait. I-im sorry, I just don't understand why you care so much. Im just a dumb jock." I shake my head, cupping the side of his face.

"Your not dumb Monty. An ass maybe" we both laugh a little. And Then, everything gets serious, and intense.

He looks at me, with eyes of lust, not in the ways my dad's friends looks at me, this made me feel, cared about. Loved.

I took my chance and smashed my lips against his, not giving a care in the world. He immediately kissed back, feeling the sparks, I kept going u too I was out of breath.

He pulls away first and backs up.

"No. No. This can't happen maggie" I sigh.

"Why not?" He shakes his head

"Because your going to get hurt. I'm a bad guys. Stay away from me." With that he runs. I try to run after, but he's too far away to catch.

Dammit. I lost. Again.