Chapter 14 - Danger Close

---Declan's POV---

"Anything new?" I asked as I walked through the door, glancing over my shoulder to double-check I wasn't followed. Richard shook his head slightly as his fingers rushed over the keyboard, his eyes fixed on the multiple screens in front of him.

"So far I've discovered that Grey, Murkov and Emanuel all flipped." He stated, glancing at me as I cursed loudly and punched the wall beside me. All of those men were high-ranking and it'll be difficult to pin them down unless we had a lot of dirt to use against them.

"Evidence?"

"None so far. They're good at hiding their traces...well almost all of them." He smirked as both of us stared at the screen, information popping up in several files. With one glance at Richard, I popped my head out in the hallway and hollered out so the guys would come down.

As Samuel and Josh stepped in the room, Sage popped his head inside before curiously walking towards me. I smiled reassuringly at him and wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him against me and laying my chin on his shoulder.

A picture of a man with rather sharp features, bold nose and cool grey eyes popped up the screen while Richard started, "Ivan Murkanov, Born in Russia but raised in the US. Joined the army at eighteen and excelled in all areas before joining the Special Forces."

Another few pictures flashed on the screen, showing Murkanov in flight suits as he climbed into an F-22, others of where he posed with the rest of his team but all the time, he kept his dead serious expression glued on his face. No smiles, nothing.

"Is there any reason for him to flip or could he be undercover?" Sage asked softly, making Josh smirk slightly as he nodded, "He's got the poker face down to a T alright." He jerked up in surprise when a hand slapped against the back of his head, making us all turn around to greet a smirking Davy.

Davy shook his head slightly before placing his hands on his hips, staring Josh down. "Who started this party without me? I wanna put my two scents in too you know?" He sauntered into the room and flopped down on Josh's lap, wriggling provocatively before Josh grasped his hips firmly, glaring at the boy as he did so.

"Knock it off." He growled warningly before looking back up at the others as we shook our heads; planned or not, Davy had loosened the tension a bit and allowed us to think without stressing so much about the answers.

"So, reasons?" Sage repeated and motioned for the others to offer their input. Richard clicked a few times on the screen before motioning towards one of the pictures. "His father was sent back to Russia based on spying. No proof against Ivan though..."

"Then again, Intel says he was captured during war and hasn't flipped then...So it seems he's loyal to the country..." Sage said softly, analyzing all the information as he stood up and made connections.

"What are the relationships between the three?" he asked while writing their names on the board. Samuel shifted slightly before speaking up, "Grey is a sergeant, close to retire too. He's in the US Army."

I nodded my head before pointing out to Emanuel, "He's a Colonel in the Air force, Ivan is just a few ranks below him as a First Lieutenant." Davy scratched his head before shaking it slightly. "So basically between all this rubbish, all you said was Emanuel is the top dog along with Grey, and Ivan is dangling somewhere below them?"

Josh barked a laugh and shook his head, "No, Grey isn't a top dog at all, we're talking about Grey Senior here. Grey Jr. is the one who's a sergeant in the military, which is pretty low but his father has made it all the way and isn't even active on the battlefield anymore. Grey Sr. is a high ranking General."