Chapter 20 - Four SEALs and a family

---Sage’s POV---

My fingers restlessly drummed against the tabletop as I tried to find something to do. The TV was on, flashing some culinary show through the room while I heard Josh and Samuel move about behind me.

It had been a week since I’ve been sent back out of the hospital, but only because I demanded to be released. After one portion of the famous hospital food, I had pursed my lips and declared that I wasn’t going to eat anything else than a nice, home cooked meal.

I had pleaded, begged and bargained with Declan and the others before they finally relented when the doctor gave the A-Okay, if and only if I did the minimal amount of effort in the house, sat down and rested.

Off course, I hadn’t really counted on the fact that as soon as I came home, I was guided to the sofa and forced to sit down. Then, I’ve been told what I can or rather can’t to until I was better, wrapped tightly in a blanket and dropped in front of the television.

At first, I didn’t mind at all; it felt nice to finally relax, to just ask for a drink or telling someone you were hungry and knowing they loved to bring it to you. But I wasn’t used to sit still, I was always busy, running after my siblings or checking my patients in the hospital.

I knew what the limitations of my body was and perfectly knew where to draw the line, so after day three, I felt that I could at least walk around and maybe do the dishes or fold some laundry.

That was, until Declan caught me red-handed while I was loading the dishwasher, barely winching because of the bruises on my ribs. After making sure I’d never, ever strain myself again, Declan had ordered Josh and Samuel to keep a close eye on me whenever he wasn’t around, making sure I wouldn’t do something against the doctor’s orders.

So now I was bored out of my mind and trying desperately to keep myself busy. My siblings were all absent; Laura and Davy have gone out with their own friends and Ellie had been invited to a sleepover with one of her school friends.

Sighing softly, I slowly stretched my limbs, barely winching at the dull pain of my broken bones. Yeah, my arm had indeed been broken when I had been tied to Timothy, trying to fend of the dog that had been sent after us.

The bite-marks were healing but still very sore and bruised, not to mention that I had some bruises in my face to accompany the torn lip. A visual reminder of what happened but the past was the past, although I still had some nightmares.