O N E

Luca

Theo

Theo

• • •

• • •

Hey! Welcome to the story, I hope you enjoy it!

TW: swearing, homophobic behaviour, self harm, depression, and bullying.

I would also like to note that this book is British, so the football mentioned is English football! Can all the Americans in the comment section please stop acting like the world revolves around them :)

Lastly, one of the main characters has a stutter. I've seen a lot of rude comments about it, so kindly shut up please. Thanks!

(This book does NOT contain smut. Please stop harassing me about it.)

Thank you!

• • •

"I'm telling you, I'm pregnant! I know my body, Luca." She folded her arms tightly over her chest, her lower lip jutted out in a stubborn pout.

I rolled my eyes, tugging on my matted hair in frustration, "We've already been here twice this month, Sam." I sighed deeply.

"Don't you dare patronise me, Luca Bakker." She accused, wiggling a finger in my face.

"Still pronouncing it wrong." I muttered dryly as she fiddled with her curly blonde locks in agitation.

"Well, I'm sorry if I don't know how to pronounce your stupid Dutch name, but I—"

"Samantha Wilkins?"

Her baby blue eyes flicked up to the young nurse stood in the doorway of the plastic waiting room, a clipboard under her arm. Sam's shoulders tensed as she stood up, rearranging her handbag on her shoulder.

"Do you want me to come in?" I offered, hastily standing up too, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

She merely shook her head. Sam liked to pretend to be brave, like she didn't need anyone or anything. She was independent. And sometimes she didn't realise that I could feel her pain, hear her heart cracking and her mind spinning. But I couldn't help her. Because Sam was the most stubborn person I knew. "No." She told me bluntly. "Stay here."