F O U R

Daya's house was practically shaking by the time Phoenix and I arrived. We pushed through the crowds of smoking teenagers and reached the open front door. It was like walking into a sauna, hot and sticky. And loud. But that was expected; Daya had the best sound system.

We navigated our way through a group of drunk girls, pushing through the crowds in search of the others. We instinctively headed straight for the kitchen, knowing that that was where all the drinks would be. Therefore, that's where their friends would most likely be, too.

Daya seemed to have stocked up on every alcohol beverage there was. Cans of beer sat lazily in a cooler, cider was being passed around by a couple of girls and about ten different brands of vodka were lined up. "Is that toffee vodka?" I asked, frowning as I observed the label.

"Yeah, you wanna try some?" Sam appeared before us, wearing a tight baby blue dress, her golden locks twisted into a bun.

"Not really." I snorted.

"Good call. It's disgusting." She whispered dramatically and I wondered how much she'd had to drink. Phoenix just leant over and grabbed a couple of beers from the cooler, tossing one to me.

"Thanks." I said gratefully. The music was duller and quieter in the kitchen, away from the speakers. It was easier to talk. "Where's Daya and Tommy?"

"Dayanara and Thomas are..." She leant in closer, "fucking." She whispered loudly before bursting out in a fit of giggles, causing me to roll my eyes and take a swig of beer.

Phoenix asked Sam to dance, and she just laughed before pulling him into the living room, and getting lost in the music around them.

I was left alone in the kitchen, leant against the counter as I sipped beer and rubbed my eyes free of exhaustion. I scanned the room, looking around for a potential distraction. Perhaps a girl to take upstairs and clear my head. But there was no one that particularly caught my eye - I'd already gone through a fair few of them, anyway.

"Bakker?"

I glanced across to locate the source of the voice, meeting a pair of dull green orbs and slick hazel hair, "Uh...yeah?" I rose my brows expectantly.

He leaned over me to grab a beer, popping it open before taking a few greedy gulps, "You helped my brother yesterday." He said plainly after a moment of watching me quizzically.

"Oh." I realised. "You're...?"

"Milo." He filled in. "Look, not many people..." He sighed, trailing off before gathering his thoughts and continuing. "Everyone thinks he's weird because of all the rumours, but-"

"Rumours?" I rose my brows expectantly, "What rumours?"

"You don't...?" He hesitated, "It doesn't matter."

"What rumours?" I questioned again. "I haven't heard anything."

"Good." He snapped. "Why are you so intent on knowing? They're rumours, they're not true."

I studied his features before nodding reluctantly, "I'm usually the first to hear all the gossip going around school, whether any of it is true or not, is irrelevant. How come I've never heard any of this shit before?"

His eyes darted over his shoulders before he focussed back on me, "Because it hasn't followed him yet." He mumbled. "He's only been at Wolfpine for like...four months."

"What? You mean he went to the private school?" It was the only other school in the area.

Milo nodded, "Yeah. Shit happened at his old school and...it kind of sucks, so don't be a dick."

I watched him emotionlessly, analysing his features. He looked similar to his brother, just without the glasses and dyed hair. Plus, his face was fuller, he looked healthier and not so skinny. "So, you go to Wolfpine, or...?"

"Nah." He shook his head. "I don't really fancy getting stabbed, so...I try to steer clear of comprehensive schools." He winked. I was about to retaliate before he nudged me playfully and staggered away, downing his beer as he walked.

I grumbled to myself, wishing I hadn't come out tonight. The party was raging around me but it was all a messy blur of spilt alcohol and cheap pills. After a few more drinks and a joint supplied by an emo kid with a leg in a cast, I finally found a girl to distract me. She was a pretty brunette, but I didn't waste too much time admiring her beauty before taking her upstairs and into an unlocked bedroom.

She was just as eager as me and hastily ripped my pants off as I kissed her red-stained lips sloppily, no doubt smudging her makeup and ruining her hair. She was panting and moaning before we were even fully undressed, smiling into my kisses and balling her hands into fists around my football jacket.

Once she'd peeled all my clothes off, she leant back, her eyes wide and hungry. "Wow, Lukas." She breathed out.

"Luca." I corrected halfheartedly.

"That's what I said." She laughed giddily. "You've got a nice body."

"Thanks." I whispered huskily, tugging on the zip of her sequinned dress.

Soon, she was panting and calling my name so loudly, the house must have been rattling. Though, of course, she was yelling out Lukas, rather than Luca. But that didn't bother me - hell, I didn't even know her name.

I collapsed back onto the bed afterwards, tugging my boxers on and letting my eyes fall shut in relaxation. I wasn't even paying attention to the brunette as she rambled on about how soft my hair was, and how nice my lips were whilst she pulled her dress back on. I helped zip her up and she spared me a quick peck on the cheek before heading back downstairs to rejoin the party.

With the alcohol running through the veins, the smell of weed on my lips and the nameless girl's lipstick smudged across my face, I fell into a deep slumber.