T W E N T Y T W O

"You two will be scraping gum off the bottom of the tables." Mr Gabarro - the teacher in charge of detention - told us, holding out a pair of flimsy rulers. "You're old enough to not need supervision and I have a pile of essays to mark. So, if you need me, I'll be in the staff room. Just do us all a favour and try not to need me. Oh, and if there's any gum left, you'll both be back again tomorrow." He warned, his beady eyes darting between us threateningly before he left, the door swinging shut behind him.

I turned to face Theo anxiously. He was staring down at the ruler in apprehension, his brows furrowed slightly. A shadow was cast under his eye from the previous day's beating, his lip still swollen and scabbed.

"Theo?" I asked softly.

His twinkling emerald eyes finally met mine, sparkling softly, "D-Do you do that often?" He asked shyly, gnawing on his bottom lip. "Get into fights?"

I shook my head hastily, "No. I mean, I...I used to, but it's not worth it. I'm not a fighter."

He nodded in understanding, smiling gently, "G-Good." He let out a sigh of relief. "I don't like violence, is all."

I didn't reply. I didn't know how to. I just shot him a reassuring smile before flipping the first desk over and dropping to the floor. Theo sat cross legged opposite me, the upturned table resting between us. We were both grimacing at the amount of chewed up gum clinging to the wood, dried up over time. "Sorry I got you detention." I apologised as I scraped at a hard piece of pink bubblegum.

"It's okay." He replied, smiling softly, though his eyes weren't even on mine. "I-It was kind of my fault anyway."

I rolled my eyes, "Blaming yourself, how unpredictable." I teased, "Those guys are dickheads, you didn't do anything wrong."

"Th-They're friends with Eddie." He admitted bashfully, his fingers wrapped around the ruler as he picked at a stubborn piece of gum.

I paused, my eyes flicking to meet his, "The guy who thinks you stalked him?" I questioned, though I knew the answer already. Theo nodded, and I continued, "So...they were the ones who fucked with your bike?"

"Yeah." He breathed. "S-Sorry you're missing football practice."

I could tell he was trying to change the subject, so I didn't protest. "That's alright. Think of it as another date."

His cheeks glowed red as he chuckled to himself, "Romantic."

"I know, right?" I purred seductively, earning another sweet laugh of approval. "I treat my dates well, huh? Maybe for dessert we could-"

I couldn't finish my sentence before being cut off by Theo's lips. He grabbed me, his small hands cupping my cheeks, dragging my face forward to meet his between the upturned table. My eyes were wide with surprise as I gasped in shock. There was a sense of urgency and desperation to it; it was hot.

I relaxed into his mouth, kissing him back softly, moving my lips against his. He shoved the table aside, and shuffled closer to me, his arms wrapped around the nape of my neck. It was totally unexpected, he'd never been this bold, not even close.

I pushed him away slightly, "What if someone sees us?" I panted.

"Everyone's left." He grinned through swollen lips and a husky voice. He'd never looked sexier.

"What about the football team?"

He giggled, pressing his lips against mine firmly, "O-On the field." He mumbled.

I gulped, unsure as to why I was still worrying, "The teachers could catch us." I murmured, kissing him softly.

"Kinda exciting." He whispered into my mouth, his fingers knotting into my tangled black hair.

That's all I needed to hear to grab his hips and twist us over, laying him flat on the floor as I started attacking his neck with kisses, pulling his glasses off and resting them beside us in the process. I'd never have guessed Theo would be so adventurous and carefree. It was almost as if he found pleasure in the possibility of breaking the rules and getting in trouble.

I kissed down his throat and along his collarbone, searching for his sensitive spot. He moaned softly, his breathing laboured as I sucked and bit on his tender skin, creating another dark hickey, staining his pale neck. He grabbed a fistful of my collar, dragging my lips onto his. I was trying to be careful with his bruised lip, the scab rough to the touch, but it was hard when all I wanted to do was devour him.

"C-Can I?" He requested shyly, his fingers tugged at my waistband.

"You don't have to." I told him abruptly, "Seriously, Theo, just because I did, it doesn't mean you have-"

He interrupted me with another kiss. "I-I want to." He pleaded. "P-Please, Luca." He asked, looking up at me in desperation, his tangled, white hair falling into his face. "P-Plus, you're probably not used to going th-this long without..."

"Don't feel guilty." I ordered sharply. "I want you in like a million different ways, and sex is only one of them."

He smiled at my comment, leaning across to peck me on the tip of my nose, "I still want this." He promised. "S-So...?"

I rolled my eyes, grinning down at him, "Go ahead. And don't be afraid to stop if you-"

He pressed his fingers against my lips, stopping the words flowing from my mouth. He then attached his soft lips to my neck, pushing my jacket aside to reach my collarbone.

His fingers trembled with nerves as he fiddled with my belt buckle. I was about to assure him, once again, that he didn't have to do this. But he captured my lips in his before I could muster the words, slipping his hand down my trousers.

I pulled him closer, tucking a stray white curl behind his ear, "You're adorable." I whispered softly.

My hand remained in his velvety hair as his delicate fingers ignited a fire of passion deep in my chest.

But the pleasure didn't last very long before the door swung open, and Theo leapt away from me as I hastily adjusted my trousers.

Mr Gabarro was stood at the door, his fingers still wrapped around the doorknob, his expression completely blank. I fumbled to stand up, fixing my clothes and clearing my throat awkwardly, Theo doing the same. "W-Well, uh...this is..." Mr Gabarro laughed nervously, tugging at his collar as his face grew pink from embarrassment. He was almost as red as Theo.

"W-We're really s-s-sorry, Sir." Theo stammered, pulling his sleeves past his fingers absentmindedly.

"I think...I think I should punish you for this." He nodded to himself, as if trying to talk himself into doing the right thing. "But I think it'll be best if we never...ever talk about this again." He decided. "Did you boys finish?" He asked, sending mine and Theo's heads snapping towards each other in mortification. "The gum!" He quickly corrected himself. "D-Did you finish...gum...the...the detention, you, uh...?"

"We'll do it now, sir." I assured him hastily, looking bashfully towards the tables. We'd probably scraped a total of about four pieces between us before we'd gotten distracted.

"No, just...just go." He practically begged.

I grabbed Theo's hand, dragging him out of the room before another word could be exchanged.

History lessons are going to be pretty awkward from now on.