T E N

Theodore was in my dream last night. Those green eyes and that shy smile.

I tried not to dwell on it as I stumbled to the bathroom. The shower was cold and unforgiving, the water racing down my back as I scrubbed my face roughly, my mind spinning, making me dizzy.

I didn't want to think about it, but the more I convinced myself it didn't matter, the more scared I got. Why was I dreaming about him?

I gulped, my face paling. I was always so eager to see him. I'd made it my mission to help him, make him smile and laugh, uncover his past. But I didn't like him. No, he was just a friend. I was just excited to have a fresh face in the mix, someone I enjoyed spending time with. It was no more than that.

My heart beat slowed and I started laughing to myself, finding humour in my ridiculous assumption. It was just a dream. It was an unconscious image my brain had conjured. I wasn't interested in Theodore. I wasn't gay. I'd never been interested in boys before. Ever. I couldn't recall a single time in my whole life when I'd looked at a boy and saw them in an even remotely romantic way.

But Theodore was different. And I didn't know how or why. Why his big, innocent eyes were so enticing. Why his smile sent a shiver up my spine. Why his skin brushing against mine caused an eruption of tingles to radiate from within my heart. Why he made me happier than any friend could. Why I hadn't even thought about hooking up with a girl since I'd met him.

I shook my head frantically, trying to brush off such idiotic thoughts. I just needed a good fuck. Yeah, that was it. I needed a girl to get my mind off of things.

So, without waiting for a chance to change my mind, I dialled Sam's number, not even caring if this resulted in a trip to the clinic. She answered after a couple of rings, her voice tired and drowsy, "Mm, hello?" She drawled.

"Sam, you have to have sex with me." I blurted out, my tone rough and needy.

She just groaned loudly, "What?" She demanded. "It's seven AM, you horny prick."

"So? Can we fuck or what?"

"We have school." She pointed out.

"Okay, well you have to come in early. Meet me there in half an hour, yeah?"

"What?" She yawned, clearly still confused about what was going on. "I'm not arriving at school an hour before I need to just to satisfy your-"

"Please." I begged hopelessly. "Please, Sam."

She grunted obnoxiously in response, "Fine." She agreed reluctantly. "Meet me in the girls toilets on the second floor in the C block-"

"What? I'm not going into the girls toilets-"

"Well, looks like you're not getting laid then-"

"Okay, okay, whatever." I rolled my eyes, telling myself it didn't matter anyway since no one would be at school an hour before class started. "See you in thirty."

She grumbled before hanging up, leaving me to rub my eyes in irritation. I hastily pulled on a pair of distressed, tattered jeans and my leather jacket, ruffling my raven hair before heading downstairs. After eating some cereal, brushing my teeth and enduring a lecture from my Mother about how I've barely spent any time with Rosa since she arrived, I left the house. Although, not before promising to spend the evening with my cousin.