Chapter 1

^The castle^
Xander's POV

You know it's frustrating when you have so much work to do and no one to help you out. My parents went for a vacation a week ago and left me here with lots of work. Before leaving my dad said and I quote,
"You are going to be the future king of this world. You need to know how this empire runs. Your mom and mere needs some time alone, so for the time being you need to take care of the duties. Take care. Bye."

And this he didn't said to me face to face he just left a note. What should I be angry on on him leaving or leaving just with a note. I sighed and started to work again. After I was finshed for today I went back to my room to sleep. As I lay on my bed I started thinking about my parents. There story is a perfect cliché. They both were high school sweethearts. My dad was approx 1 month older to her. When he turned off right age he found out she was his beloved. Cliché right I know. Oh right I forgot to introduce myself to you all.

Hello guys I'm Xander Brooks. I'm the prince of vampire kingdom. My parents love each other so much that after I got to the perfect age the started to leave for a vacation leaving behind all the work of the kingdom on me. Cool right. I'll be given the tittle of the king after I find my beloved which I don't know when will happen. And if you think vampires are immortal then you are absolutely wrong. After birth our first 18 years of our lives we spend like humans. Then for the next 2 years we like spend somewhat 50 human years of a year. After thar our next 10 years our 1 year is about 100 human years and so on.

Beloved is someone you love all your life. He/she is your other half, your soulmate. Each vampire gets his/her beloved or recognise then at the age of 18. But I haven't found her yet. You must be wondering why I'm whining right. But you see I'm like 318 years old about three centuries late to find my beloved.

^Next Day^

I was doing my work when one of the guards came and told me that my parents have entered the castle premises and are going to enter the castle any moment. Just then I went near the main gate of the castle just to invite them. I was tapping my foot in annoyance.

"Oh honey you shouldn't be here to welcome is. We were coming to meet you only." My mom said.

"Oh really. As far as I remember you both didn't meet me before you went to your vacation, why now." I said. Surely I knew they understood the underlying sarcasm.

"Oh about that." Dad said scratching the back of his head, "You see we wanted to spend sometime alone so we went."

"Dad how many times you will run from your duties. Just tell me."

"Son what can I do your mom is so irresistible." Dad said and kissed her cheek. And she blushed. I just rubbed my nose.

"And oh son before I forget we have to go to the orphanage if you forgot." Dad said.

"But why?"

"Just for normal survey."

"Ohk. When."

"Day after tomorrow. Be ready by 10, we leave by then."

"Ohk Dad."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
So how do you like it.
Please vote, comment and share.

~Sam