Chapter 1: Mad World

From their childhoods, Chelsea Hart and Victoria (Vicky) Miyoshi are best friends from kindergarten. They share their interests in stories, music and crafting stuff. Since growing up, they began to be different than any other people. Chelsea get pale and she got a strange sensation of smell that she doesn't know where it come from. Vicky always fascinated with foxes and kept playing tricks on everyone around her. 

Their parents didn't notice anything about their changes. Chelsea began to have power and so does Vicky. Each weekend, they went to each other's houses and learn the powers. Then, their parents became suspicious and called the government to take their children away. They don't want freaks in their homes and lives.

At only the age of 13, they been taken away from their homes. They don't understand the reason why the government outlawed people like them. They been put into two separate vans and set off.

As the vans stopped, they got out and they saw the big Gothic Victorian building. They been restraint and they been put into a strait jacket by force.

The old man in his black suit appeared from the stone stairs from the entrance. He raised his arms and greet them, 'Welcome to the Black Citadel Institute. Where our funding is to help people like you to be cured from the curse that they have got. Demons, witches, fairies, werewolf, etc.' Chelsea and Victoria looked at each other and the men forced their heads to look at the man.

'We are happy for your arrival and getting started with the treatments. Guards, guide them to the facility.' He beckoned the guards and they dragged the girls to the entrance.     

They entered the reception area. The nurse painting her nails on the phone on the desk. She put the phone down and listen to the instructions. 'Get the forms and send them to the doctors. For the diagnosis.' She nods and grab two clipboards of paperwork. She passes it to the guards and they drag Chelsea and Victoria to the padded cell.

Chelsea murmured, anxiously. 'Vicky, I think we are gonna die.'

'Don't say that. We'll survive this hell. Together.'

'I hope you're right.'

Ten agonising minutes later, two doctors entered with clipboards and call the guard to get Vicky to leave the padded cell.

She wriggled violently as the guard picked her up and exit the cell.

Chelsea felt scared and wondered what would happen to Vicky. The doctor asking her questions.

Do you have any influence of what you are?

Any of your family have drugged or curse you?

Why do you choose to be different?

She is confused and panicky. The doctor scribble the answers that she gave him.

Vicky went though the same thing but in the different room.

They been dragged to the shared cell and the guards remove their strait jackets. As they left the cell and lock the iron door, Chelsea and Vicky hugged. 'We'll survive this. I don't know how long we will be in this hellhole, but I do hope we get out of here, somehow.' Vicky whispered while hugging Chelsea.

Two hours later, the guard unlock the door, open it and drag Chelsea out of the cell. She screamed and wriggled, violently. 'VICKY! HELP ME!' Vicky ran and been hit by the door that slam shut in the face. She fell to the floor and scrambled to the bed. She prayed for Chelsea's protection.

Chelsea screamed as the guard dragging her across the hallway. She saw other abnormal people in their patient gowns, as lunatics does in horror movies.

The guard throw her to the big tiled room with the metal table and big old-fashioned equipment. Two new guards picked her up, put her into the table and strap her down. 

There are three doctors in white coats. One of them is a young intern. One of the doctors put the cloth in her mouth and hold it with his hand. The other doctor walked to the trolley and picked up two man-made electrodes, put the gel on the sides of her temples and place it on both sides of her head. 'It's going to hurt for a bit. Stay still.' The power turned on, the frequency sound to set the voltage and the doctor shouted, 'Set! Go!'

Chelsea felt the electricity popping in her head and screaming in extreme pain with a cloth in her mouth. She thought to herself, Shit! It's shock therapy!

Few more shocks and she pour her tears down the sides of her head. The doctors pack the electrodes away and the guards unbuckle Chelsea and she collapsed to the floor, feeling weak with the burning headache. The guards pick her up and drag her out of the shock therapy room and along the hallway.

As she been thrown to her cell, Vicky isn't there. She thought Vicky get the different therapy than her.

One hour later, Vicky collided across the floor to the cell, crying. Chelsea saw Vicky, soaked from head to toe. Chelsea thought to herself, I think she got hydro therapy. 

She hugged Vicky and cried in pain from the shock therapy.

They think, they'll end up dead in the asylum. But something is about to change.