Chapter 12: Doctor's Efforts

Everyone left his room. Dr Schneep prepare the table and wear surgeon outfit. He turned the lights off and put the operation lights on over Fiona's head. He put the breathing mask on her and pump the anaesthetic, just in case if she's back to life. He put his latex gloves on and sighed, 'Okay. Here ve go.' 

He carefully cut her top part of her skull and worked his way into her brain. He nearly messed it up but he continued the operation. He found a chip and carefully removed it. Then he carefully placed the piece of her skull back and use his magic to heal her skull.

He checked her left eye and he saw the camera. He never done the eye surgery before, but had seen his doctor friends done it. He put his scalpel down and grab the new one. He opened her left eye, push it out and he carefully cut the eye out. He placed the eye on the nearby table and started to put the new eye to replace the old one. As he put the new eye into her eye socket, he magically restored the veins and muscle tissues with his healing spell. 

The operation lasted two hours. Everyone was anxiously waiting outside his room for the progress. Dr Schneep opened the door, took a big sigh and told them the result. 'The zurgery iz zuccezzful. Zhe'll be alive for an hour for the anaezthetic to vearz off.' They sigh of relief and Chelsea quietly ask Dr Schneep, 'Can Fiona or whoever she is remember?' He shrugs his shoulders. 'Let'z vait und zee, Dark.' She nods and walked away to her room. Anti followed her.

Dark took three steps forward to Dr Schneep and sighed, 'Thanks doc. I'm glad that, Anti called you for any medical attention.' Dr Schneep smiled, 'Vell, Zat'z vhy I'm here.' 

They entered Schneep's room and there is Fiona laying on the bed with oxygen mask on her face, sleeping. IV bags hanging on the stand on her left and oxygen gas tank on her right. Ewan walked faster than anyone else to Fiona and stood beside the left side of the bed.

Fiona slightly wiggled her fingers and Ewan's eyes widened and whispered to Schneep, 'She's coming back.' He brought attention to Dark, Siouxsie, Axel, Spencer and Vicky go around the bed while Fiona slowly opened her eyes.

She looked confused and said in her croaked voice, 'What happened? Where am I?' Ewan put his hand on her shoulder and whispered in her ear, 'You're safe with us.'

As her vision began to clear, she scrambled up the bed in fear. 'What the fuck is going on!? Where am I!?' She shrieked. Dr Schneep rushed to her and quietly explained, 'Ve are here to help you.' She continued screaming. Siouxsie tapped her staff to the floor and cast a spell to calm her down. It's Turn Down for What by DJ Snake. But it calms the woman down with a head bang to the beat. Siouxsie bowed her head and tapped her staff again to stop the music from the woman's head.

'Whats your name, darling?' Ewan kindly asked her. 'Uh... I'm Tina. And sorry for being easily scared.' She answered in her quiet voice. Ewan noticed her slightly pointed ears and hes happy that shes part of his kind.

She shaking from the shock and styled her short hair. Dark sat on the bed, lean to her and quietly ask, 'Tell me, what happened to you?' Tina took several deep breaths and answer Dark's question.

'I-I was in my house with my boyfriend and he noticed my pointed ears. So... he called the government and took me away.' Her tears started to fall down her cheeks and she continued her story. 'I was chosen to be one of an "Special Helper" and I got put experiments on me and few others. I once saw a person changed when the chip in his brain activated. He became strong and unable to be stopped. Then... then, it was my turn. I tried to escape by they put morphine in my system to prevent me from running. They remove my left eye and put the same colour eye with a camera inside. It was painful.' She wiped her tears as she said about her traumatic part of the process by the government. 'They put a chip in here. She pointed to her head. And the last thing I remember was, I was in pain with steroids and black out from the chip.'

She started to cry out and Ewan hug her tight. Dr Schneep stepped in, put his hand on her shoulder and whispered, 'We are glad that you are here, safe and sound.' Ewan hushed her cries and she slowly calms her overwhelming emotions. She thanked everyone and snuggle to sleep in the bed. Ewan stayed with her while the others exit the room.

As Tina sleeps, Ewan noticed smoke coming out of her hands. He got worried and ran out of the room to Dr Schneep. 'Hey Schneep. Something happened.' Ewan panted from running. 'Und vat iz it?' He curiously asked.

'There's smoke.'

'Zmoke?'

'Yeah. From her hands.'

'Okay. Lez get back to ze room.'

They walk back to Schneep's room and there is a cloud of smoke hovering above Tina still from her hands. Schneep stroke his chin and explain to Ewan what it is. 'I zink, she's got ze zmoke powers. Und she uz it to calm her dreams.' Ewan nods in curiosity. Schneep pointed to the smoke. 'Zee zat?' Ewan nods and Schneep whispered, 'Ze figures gliding in ze air to protect her.' Ewan nods and smile as the smoky figure floats towards him and give him a peck on his nose. It quickly floats back to the cloud and Ewan sneezed. Schneep giggled quietly and whispered, 'I've better get back to mein duty.' He jogged to the door and exit the room.

Ewan sat on the chair beside the bed and sleep with his head on the bed. Tina carefully place her hands on his scalp and he began to have peaceful dreams of being free from the government with his friends. She smiled and continue to rest.

Vicky began to feel pain in her head and body. Dr Schneep and Dark hear her bloodcurdling cry and ran to her in the living room. She tried to hold her scream, but it was too painful for her. Schneep noticed the fox tail slowly appear and the glowing fire in her heart from her chest. 'Take her to her room!' Schneep ordered Dark.

They carried her to her bedroom and lay her on the bed. They held her down and she cracked her eyes open. Dark was shocked of her change of eye colour. It's from brown to bright gold. Schneep put the ingestion to soothe the pain out and she slowly calming out of her heavy breaths. 'Breathe easy, Vicky.' Dark whispered her of encouragement. She smiled and sunk into the bed.

Dark noticed her fang appeared. He began to understand who she is. As she had Japanese bloodline, she became a fully Kitsune.

Vicky suddenly felt no pain. Just... warm feeling like sitting by the fireplace. Dr Schneep put his hand on her forehead and he felt boiling. 'Are you alright, Vicky?' He whispered. She nods. 'Just a nice warmth build. Like a fireplace in a cold winters night.' Schneep nods curiously and Dark grabbed her hand tight.

'Dark. Can you say with me for a bit?' She politely asks him. Dr Schneep left her room and Dark shook his head. 'Sorry. I'm working tonight. Maybe later?' Her smile fade and nods. He put his hand cupped her face and whispered, 'I didn't mean to upset you, sweetheart. You know, how busy I am with strategy for the riot. But I promise, I'll be will you.' She nods and snuggle down her bed. He stood up, exit the room and close the door behind him. 

At midnight, Dark entered Vicky's room quietly in his pyjamas. Vicky is deeply asleep. He quietly walked to the bed, lifted the duvet and into the bed next to her.

Dark began to have an nightmare. He stood on the field with dead bodies around him. He looked at his hand and there was blood. He couldn't breathe from the shock. Vicky woke up and noticed that Dark is in her bed having a nightmare. She hugged her and give him the warmth. He began to wake up slowly and noticed that he's been hugged. He turned over and they make eye contact.

Vicky felt blushed and Dark hugged her tight. He whispered, 'Thanks for get rid of bad dreams.' She smiled and snuggled to sleep. Dark closed his eyes and have a peaceful sleep.