[16]

---

---

I awoke in a hospital bed. My leg was throbbing and my arm was in a cast. I had fainted. Jasper sat in the chair next to my bed.

"I could really go for some ice cream right now," I joked, my voice hoarse.

"You're awake," he commented.

"No, I'm still asleep," I retorted, sending him a smile.

"How do you feel?" He asked, moving to kneel beside me.

"Well my leg hurts, but that's it," I replied, sitting up.

"Why?"

"Did I go with Bella? My sister? Who was convinced he had our Mum?" I answered. "Because she's my sister and I would die for her."

"You were hurt," he added.

"But I'm not dead, so if anything this was a learning experience, don't listen to white people when you're running from someone who wants to kill you," I joked, smiling once again.

"You're too happy for someone who just broke her arm and got ten stitches," he spoke, sitting beside me. I pecked his lips, moving away. He pulled me back in, kissing me again, his lips moving with mine. "Your Mum is sitting with Bella, I told her I'd tell her when you were awake."

"Wait, give me a few more minutes before I get smothered," I requested. He nodded. "Okay, help me over to the window so I can jump out of it and avoid an overprotective mother," I joked, pushing myself up.

"Be careful," he warned, holding me steady.

"I'm fine." I waved him off. "I just need to get up, get the blood flow back to my legs."

"You're so stubborn."

"And really annoying, not to mention super clingy, and loud, and-"

"No you're not," he muttered, kissing my forehead. "Now, I'm going to get your Mom," he told, leaving the room before I could argue. I sighed in frustration. I looked to the side seeing my phone sitting on the table beside the bed. I reached out and grabbed it, noticing the smashed screen. I groaned, pouting at the sight. Sighing once again, I unlocked it, seeing multiple messages from Angela and some missed calls from her and Mum. I sent Angela a quick text to say that I was okay and that I'd be back for prom.

As I hit send my Mum came rushing into the room, Jasper just behind her.

"Hey, Sweetie," she greeted, moving to sit beside the bed. "How are you?"

"I'm okay. I mean I got a cast so I can decorate it which isn't too bad," I told her with a shrug.

"Do you remember what happened? I mean you did hit your head," she spoke, her voice soft. I shook my head. "You went to a hotel, Edward, Jasper and their Dad followed and Bella fell down the stairs, taking you with her, you guys fell through a window," she explained.

"Bitch," I muttered, making my Mum chuckle slightly.

"Don't call your sister that."

"When can I leave?" I asked.

"The doctor needs to look you over and make sure you're okay."

I nodded.

---

I was released from the hospital a while after my mum asked about staying in Jacksonville. I declined, realising I missed staying with Charlie and I actually liked Forks. I liked my friends, I liked the rain, and I liked Jasper. Of course, I wasn't going to stay somewhere because of a guy, he just happened to be a contributing factor.

A few days after being release it was time for prom and luckily for me, I'd painted my cast so that it would match my dress.

I was upstairs touching up my makeup and making sure that I looked okay in my dress. Jasper and Edward were downstairs waiting for Bella and I. I grabbed my bag and my shoes. I used my broken hand to bang on Bella's door.

"Hurry up," I yelled. "Or I will drag your ass down these stairs. I do not care if you're injured." Just as I was about to bang on her door again, she opened it, making me almost punch her in the face.

"I'm ready," she told me, eyes wide.

"Let's go." I linked our arms together. Once we got to the stairs, I went in front. I glanced at the three in front of me before I began speaking. "I know, I know, I look fabulous. Who am I wearing you ask? Well, you'll just have to wait and see because I cannot remember the name of the shop. However, the cast, well, it's by a very lovely designer called the hospital with a little extra by yours truly," I announced, getting to the last step, and kissing Jasper on the cheek. "Don't all applaud at once."

"You look amazing," Jasper breathed.

It was Bella's turn to walk down the stairs, her footsteps heavier than mine due to the enormous cast. I placed my shoes on the ground, stepping into them and using Jasper as support.

"Alice lent me the dress," Bella told. "The cast is-"

"Perfect," Edward interrupted. He turned to Charlie. "I'll take care of her, Chief Swan."

"I've heard that before," Charlie retorted.

"Welp, let's go, I want to dance until I drop," I spoke up, grabbing Jasper's hand. I lead him out the door.

"You look beautiful," Charlie called after me.

"Thanks, Charlie," I called back.

---

Prom looked amazing as I approached with Jasper beside me. We lined up to get our picture taken. Once that was over we walked up to the building. I walked ahead of Jasper.

We arrived inside and prom was already in full swing, people were dancing and playing poker (because of the theme, I'm pretty sure they weren't actually gambling real money, the school would go ballistic). I glanced around, my eyes landing on Angela with Eric. I waved to them and they waved back. Angela gestured to Jasper and mouthed 'oh my God', giving me a thumbs up. I mouthed back an 'I know'.

I glanced around and saw Jess, she quickly made her way over to me once she realised I was there.

"Oh my God. You look amazing," she complimented, gesturing to my dress.

"So do you." I gestured to my chest and gave her a thumbs up.

"I know right, so the right choice," she replied and I nodded, smiling brightly. She went back to her date soon after, not wanting to keep Mike waiting for her.

---

The night was coming to a close and Jasper and I sat on a bench outside (as the hall we were having prom in was getting too hot for me). I leant my head against his shoulder, listening to the faint music.

"Dance with me," I muttered, standing up. He grasped my hand in his and stood, pulling me closer. We danced.

"Would you ever consider it?" He questioned out of the blue. I hummed in response, not knowing what he was talking about. "Becoming like me?"

"I don't know," I replied honestly. "It's not something I can just answer you know? I have to think about it." He nodded in reply. "But let's not think about that right this second, let's just enjoy prom."

"You look absolutely beautiful," he complimented.

"You look pretty hot," I replied, causing him to chuckle. "I don't lie about that kind of thing." I leaned up and pecked his lips.

We danced until the last song finished.