Chapter 7

~Hamish's P.o.v~

"Woah! Sawamura-San (Toshiyuki) is so fast!" Hinata yells looking at Toshiyuki. I lean on the railings, so far Toshiyuki is winning against Arata and Kai. 

"Though the question is, will he be able to keep that speed?" I mutter but I know they all heard it.

"Will he?" Daichi asks coming off from my question.

"It depends." Takashi comments slightly answering Daichi's question. Toshiyuki made it to the wall and pushed off the wall. His speed looks like it increased, looks like he has been doing fitness. He's holding back on us. On me.

"I'm going to kill you Toshiyuki! How dare you hold out on me two days ago!" I make a fist.

"What's wrong?" Kageyama asks me.

"Two days ago, Toshiyuki and I had an swimming race. He won but he didn't use all his strength and even here he still doesn't use it. It looks like it is only ten percent of his abilities." Like always, Toshiyuki won while Arata comes second which is surprising since he always comes third. In Arata's normal spot in third place was actually Kai. So it seems Arata has been busy as well, those two always keep me in the dark!

"Oh! Toshiyuki won!" Daichi, why haven't you seen that your brother has suffered neglect?

"He always won, there was actually a time where he lost but he shrugged it off like a champ he is!" Yoshi yelled happily.

"He lost before?" I snort at that question Sugawara asked.

"To get stronger, better, tougher and all is to practice and learn how to accept defeat. That's my opinion though." Toshiyuki comes up from behind us while Arata trails behind him silently.

"How many times have you lost?" Kageyama asks with an unreadable expression.

"About. . . over 100 times. A senior of mine won against me twice or more, same with the coach and my mentor whose overseas. Do you remember Hamish?" I smiled before doing the peace sign.

"Of course! Your mentor always trained you though, so sad." I pout at the end of that.

"No, she just didn't like you." Arata bluntly comments which makes an arrow pierce through my heart.

~Toshiyuki's P.o.v~

Hamish dramatically places an hand over where his heart suppose to be and places the back of his other hand over his forehead.

"Oh the agony! You wound my heart Arata!" I do some simple stretches to prepare for the relay we are about to do.

"Do you even have an heart?" Takashi asks with an very questioning expression. Hamish crouches in an corner crying his heart out. Wait, Takashi said meant to say he doesn't have a heart so he must be right. Arata grabs his water bottle and he grabs my one then hands it over to me. Such a good friend. . . better an Hamish.

"Toshi-Chan! Are you being mean to me in your head!?" I stare blankly at him, I then remember my deal with Arata for the swim race.

"Arata, I want cake, pocky, dango and mochi later. It was a part of the deal." Arata pales at that then mumbles something about his wallet dying of no money. Yoshi is talking to Raidon in sign language, Yoshi is thanking Raidon for cheering him on and said that made him go even faster. Beautiful brotherly love, if only Daichi dig deep into why I barely had any friends when I was younger. Chinami is talking to the coach, probably discussing about our practices and training camps.

"Why doesn't anyone say nice things about me?" The Englishman (Hamish) cried pitifully in that corner growing mushrooms.

A/n: I'm going on an trip soon so I might not be able to update as much, when I was trying to spell 'coach' I kept writing 'couch'. I almost wrote 'Chinami is talking to the couch' and I was laughing to myself about it.