Chapter 8

~Toshiyuki's P.o.v~

After Chinami talked with the coach, I walked up to him.

"I changed my mind, I don't want to swim for the relay." He gives me a questioning gaze.

"Why is that?" I tie the scarf in my hands around my neck.

"Hamish and I are going to be late for rent, it's also time for a certain someone's death anniversary." He understands what I mean, the death of our ex captain. He saved a kid from a truck but he was the one to get run over.

"So you are planning the anniversary this time, get going then." I give a short, simple nod. Turning away from him, I walk to everyone else.

"Good luck on the relay." Everyone begins to look confuse.

"Aren't you swimming in the relay?" My brother asks me.

"I need to get to work and it's our ex captain's death anniversary. I am the one who is preparing everything this time."

~Chinami's P.o.v~

We all watch as Toshiyuki leaves to the changing room. He misses the captain, his first love, so much. I frown then slap my cheeks at the same time and look at the swim team with determined to help out the best I can.

"Even though Captain Toshiyuki-Sama isn't here, you all should still swim to the best of your abilities. You swim for our school, you are flying in the water, you will swim because it's your passion." Yoshi and Hamish wipe away tears while Arata and Takashi shrug it off.

"I only swim for Yuki." Arata speaks clearly for the first time. "He's the only thing that matters to me."

"We know Ara-Chan." Hamish pats Arata's head. Then the whole team goes away to the pool.

"I don't like to be rude or anything but is Arata-San obsessed with Toshiyuki-San?" Yachi, innocent girl, asks me.

"Toshiyuki-Sama is the one to bring this team together along with Hamish and the ex captain." My lips go into a slight frown. "Arata-Sama was not too… happy to join the swim team. Even back then, he always seemed to follow Toshiyuki-Sama like he was someone special. Someone who should be respected gratefully. Like Toshiyuki-Sama was the only thing to make his existence. Apparently it's the same with Hamish but they both depend on him. We all do. Ah, I see I'm going off track! Let's just watch the game now!"

"O-o-oh okay."

~Time Skip: Toshiyuki's P.o.v~

"Arata's having an panic attack!?" I just got out of work when I get a call from Chinami about Arata.

"Yes Toshiyuki-Sama! Come quickly!" I hang up and begin running to the swimming centre.

'Don't worry Arata, I'm coming to you now. Just hold on for a little longer.'