020

020: City of Blinds

||Author's Point of View

Jae Chan awkwardly stood beside the railing, looking at another directions just to avoid any kind of eye contact with Hong Joo, who was apparently, intently staring at his back.

Min Young had went ahead of them, not wanting to interfere into some kind of weird and awkward business those two had, she had better things to do, after all.

Hong Joo sighed as Jae Chan continued to 'hide' from her, striking a pose as if he was a runway model of some fashion show while looking at the ground, "I have seen you at home already, Just be yourself now, Stop acting so neat."

Jae Chan gave her a small side glance, which seemed more like a glare.

"Your brorher will tell me the truth anyway." She reassured, making him heave out a small sign before turning his gaze away.

Hong Joo lifted her body from the railing, trying to take a good look at Jae Chan's face with her arms crossed, "Are you mad?"

Instead of answering, Jae Chan just moved his head slightly as the upcoming bus halted at the bus stop.

"You should get on the bus, Aren't you getting on the bus?" Hong Joo questioned at Jae Chan who wasn't moving a muscle on his position.

Jae Chan turned his body, making him face the direction of where the bus was, "I'm not getting on the bus."

"What? why not?" Hong Joo asked, confused as it was the bus to his workplace.

"I have to drop you at your work first." Hong Joo seemed stunned with his reason, staring at him with blank but intense eyes, but then, the moments they had a few days ago flashed onto her mind.

[] "Ask me to protect you, come and bother me, Ask me to send you home, and ask me to send you to work, I will try to."

"...if it makes me feel relieved, I'll try to." []

Hong Joo couldn't help but smile, understanding that Jae Chan was sincere about his words, "This was real."

"I told you it's real." Jae Chan added, as Hong Joo continued to grin silently, trailing her eyes from his face to his hand, which we're hovered over the railings.

Her hand started moving slowly, reaching over to Jae Chan's hand, sparing him a small glance full of emotions as she looked back again at the railing, completely reaching over to his hand.

But she missed it.

She missed his hand when Jae Chan moved forward, seeing the bus for Hong Joo's workplace come at his sight, only to realize that Hong Joo was still stuck on her spot, looking at the railing where his hand was before.

Jae Chan moved over back to Hong Joo, just as the exact time she was heading for him and he held her hand, making the woman jolt her head upwards, gazing at the man who was grinning at her a little.

Hong Joo smiled once again, the frown dispersing as soon as Jae Chan turned his body away, dragging her into the bus.

She fiddled with her fingers as long as they reached over a bus seat, her eyes couldn't seem to be off from Jae Chan as she kept on looking at him, her heart beat going crazy by second.