When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (4)

*/ Haha, the story is really starting to build up now. :3 I don't want to rush things though, but i PROMISE that in the next few chapters you'll start to see the real Hinchcliffe. And...who knows how Jas will end up tangled in his personal life ;P /*

I don't know why, but I couldn't help but sigh when the lesson was over. As the bell rang I packed up my pencil case and books into my bag ready to leave Mr Hinchcliffe's classroom, when I heard a familiar voice shout my name from the classroom door. Matt. Before I could register what was going on he bounded into the room and grabbed my waist, kissing my cheek. By now the room was empty and Mr Hinchcliffe was leaned against the White Board, watching me and Matt with that infamous smirk laid across his face.

"Matt! What are you doing?" I glared at him in disbelief, why was he been so, so...open in front of a teacher? Idiot.

"Kissing my baby girl," He said smiling, before leaning down and kissing me full on the lips. To my surprise, he actually didn't taste like smoke or alcohol...but like he used to. It was kinda nice so I did kiss him back for a second...that was until I remembered where we were. I pushed him away and it broke my heart slightly to see his face fall. God, this guy would be the death of me!

"Baby...Jassssss, what's wrong?"

I coughed lightly. "Stop it with the 'baby' thing, Matt. You know much I freaking hate it. And, you do know Mr. Hinchcliffe is right there?" I nodded to the side of us, and Matt laughed. Mr Hinchcliffe raised his hand in a small wave, his smirk growing. Matt grabbed my hand leading me out of the classroom, and when we were outside he pushed me against the wall with his hands either side of me. I giggled slightly. He may have been a complete idiot lately, and in fact he was most of the time...but these odd sweet moments seemed to make up for it. I know they didn't, but it seemed like they did.

"Skip Social with me, babe." Matt tempted me, kissing my neck as he spoke. However, I shook my head.

"No, Matt. I don't want to be a waster. I have to go to my lessons."

His face fell again and this time he looked up at me with his puppy dog eyes. It literally broke my heart, it really did. But I got caught skipping last year, I couldn't afford to do it this year otherwise I'd get held back...no way was that even a possibility.

"But Jas, you know how much I love you...we hardly spend any time together any more. I've only seen you twice this summer, and once was by chance in the supermarket! Seriously...I miss you, baby."

I sighed. What he was saying was true, mainly because I was avoiding him. A pang of guilt hit me hard, but as much as I wanted to skip with him...i couldn't.

"I'm sorry, Matt." I said as I ducked under one of his arms and walked down the corridor. I turned my head back to talk to him but carried on walking.

"I got in so much trouble for it last year, I don't think it's a good idea. I'll see you after school, yeah?" I waved gently to him and made my way to Social Studies.

When I got to my Social Studies classroom, I took my usual seat next to Adrian just in time to hear the beginning of the lesson. I sighed in relief as Mrs Farmer began to speak...I had only just made it. I listened vaguely to what she was saying, but I just couldn't get the thought of Matt out of my head...his puppy dog look kept popping up in my mind and it was constantly bugging me, driving me mad with worry. I raised my hand.

"Yes, Jasmine?" Asked my Social teacher, her voice sprinkled with slight annoyance as I had stopped her lesson. I coughed lightly.

"Sorry Miss," I apologised. "But is it okay if I go to the bathroom? I'll be quick."

I could see the apprehension in her eyes but it disappeared quickly and was replaced with more frustration.

"Oh, I suppose if you have to. But hurry back! And do not make this a habit of yours, we are all aware of your history with class skipping."

I nodded and got out of my seat quickly, grabbing my bag and exiting the room. I thought for a second...where would Matt be? I knew instantly. When we used to skip classes he always used to take me to the same place, at the back of the sports field where there was a gathering of trees. It wasn't large, only a few trees but it was private and quite pretty in the sunshine. I made my way out there immediately, passing Mr Hinchcliffe's room as I did so. I walked straight past the window, not really caring if he saw. I mean, he was a new teacher and he'd probably think nothing of it. I couldn't see any students in his room though, so he might not even be teaching this period.

When I reached the sports fields I moved as fast as I could without running. I was almost there when I saw him in the distance. Reassured, I slowed down knowing that he was okay. He was leaned against a tree, odd...who leans by a tree by themselves? Haha, well anyway he was odd and that's one of the reasons I liked him so much.

As I got closer, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I strained my eyes to get a better look...and that's when I saw it. Or rather, saw HER. A blonde girl, someone I didn't recognise from school...infact i'd never really seen her around here before. All I knew is that she was leaning against the tree and Matt, my BOYFRIEND, was all over her. Holding her, kissing her, touching her the way he did to me. As I got closer I could feel my eyes glassing over with warm tears, threatening to spill over. I wouldn't let them though. I was not going to let this guy get the better of me.

I hid behind a tree just behind the pair and strained to hear their conversation. I didn't hear much of it, but what I did hear was quite enough. I didn't want to hear him say how much he loved her, I didn't want to hear her giggles or 'I love you too's'. But most of all, I didn't want to hear how he was reassuring her that I would never find out.

I couldn't take it any longer, I couldn't stand this. I knew I took him for granted sometimes, but SURELY I didn't deserve this! I turned around and sped back across the field hoping that my path was clear, because my vision was blurred by the warm tears now spilling over and down my cheeks. I reached the school grounds and tried to compose myself, but I couldn't do it. The best I did was slow down my tears slightly. I kept my head down as I headed back to my class room, past Mr Hinchcliffe's room.

Because I wasn't watching where I was going I walked bang slap into someone. I rushed an apology and tempted to manoeuvre around them but when I stepped to the side, they also stepped in that direction. After this happening a number of times I risked a glance up at the idiot who was doing this. And, oh my. Brilliant, you can probably guess who it was can't you? Yep. You got it...Hinchcliffe.

"Jas," He said, with a smile. "Now what are you doing roaming the corridors during lesson time?"

I attempted to answer but to my embarrassment, my voice cracked as I spoke. Dammit! I need to learn how to control my emotions. Or even if I could turn them off for a while, that would be perfect. But no, I couldn't. And right now I was about to start crying in front of my hot new English Literature teacher. Fab-u-loussss.

"I, uh-bathroom.." I ducked my head again.

"The bathroom has upset you this much, has it?" He asked with a smirk dominating his face, yet I noticed through my tears that it didn't quite reach his eyes. Well, at least he's maybe got some feelings in there.

"No-i, uh...please excuse me I need to go." By the end of the sentence tears were again free falling from my eyes and I couldn't stop them. I just wanted him to move so I could get some privacy and sort myself out.

"Sir, please." I continued, resorting to begging. Great, I'm hitting new lows in front of my Lit teacher now. However, instead of moving out of my way I felt Mr Hinchcliffe grab my hand. Not sure what was going on I followed him reluctantly. He led me into his room quickly and locked the door behind us, releasing my wrist and turning to me.

*/ Sorry! Another cliffhanger! But I'll make up for it in the next chapter :P Enjoy! Please comment, it spurs me on. If i don't see many comments it makes me think that not many people like it, which makes me not want to update! SOOO VOTE AND COMMENT :D./*