When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (14)

*/ I hope you like it! It's quite long so i guess it makes up for the fact that i haven't updated in about a week...i also got quite carried away writing it, i have a pretty good idea about how the plot is going to go now! It's changed a zillion times, but i think i've found something interesting to go down the road of. So! This is quite an important chapter, the necklace thing is solved...so read!:D */

I walked out of the classroom and down the corridor, still feeling eyes on my back as I walked. The feeling subdued when I turned into the car park and climbed into my car, at which point I let out a heavy sigh. I pulled out the fragile piece of gold from my pocket and swung the locket in the air, watching as the striking green stone reflected any light that dare hit it. It was breathtaking, just like her.

"Jesus," I muttered, "Some shit is going down."

As soon as I spoke aloud, I knew that I was right. Something really was going on. I mean, at first I had my suspicions, but now? Now, they were almost definite. I clasped the locket around my own neck and started the car, speeding out of the school grounds just as Mr Hinchcliffe left the building.

At first I was going to go home to get changed for where I was going, but after what just happened I couldn't wait long enough. I drove past my house and past Jess' street, and through all the suburban streets that followed. I knew the way through the intricate streets so well...after all, it had been almost 2 years since I started coming here. And at first, I was here every night after school or sometimes, I even ditched and spent the day here.

I neon sign in the distance on my left hand side caught my attention, and I slowed my driving to look more closely. 'Cigarettes, Tobacco, Alcohol. 24/7!' it read and, without thinking much about it, I pulled into the parking lot of the store it advertised.

I browsed the shelves, and soon found the bottle of Vodka that I was looking for. Not forgetting the bottle of orange juice to go with it...naturally. I approached the counter and laid my things on the desk, waiting for the cashier to read out my total. I raised my eyebrow at him, earning a look of disapproval. Tough shit, I don't care, just do your job and stop raising your eyebrows at me; I thought as he carried on staring. Gosh, some people!

"What?" I asked; agitation sprinkled heavily throughout my tone.

"ID." Was simply all the cashier said, a smug look appearing on his face.

Shit! In the rush to get there and all the other things I had on my mind, I totally forgot that I was under-age for buying alcohol. I frowned at the man and pretended to check my pockets.

"I'm so sorry; I think I left it at work." I sighed at him in an upset way, purposely trying to fool him into letting my buy it. I even wore my puppy dog look, but that didn't seem to work either.

"You need ID to purchase this...ma'am." Okay, so now he was trying to piss me off, he can't have been much older than me! Idiot, he should know how people our age feel when they can't get served. Gah! Well, desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess.

I carried on talking to him but this time instead of agitation sprinkled through my voice, It was lust. Been flirtatious could help you in any situation, as I'd previously found out.

"Well...I don't have my ID," I said, leaning over the counter. "which is a shame, because you look just my type. Do I need ID for that, too?"

The look on the young boys face was priceless, and he attempted to look cool by sweeping his hair back from his acne-covered face...it so wasn't working. I suppressed a laugh and made it into what I hoped was an alluring smile. And hey, it must have been, because he took the bottles and let me pay for them. Not after knocking an extra couple of dollars off of the price, though! See, a bit of flirting never did anyone any harm.