When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (8)

*/ Right, okay. This chapter is quite long compared to the amount i usually write. So the last chapter wasn't as action packed as the others, but they can't all be. I need to build up the picture for you guys so the storyline will make more sense. Trust me, you haven't seen ANYTHING yet in terms of what i've got planned. Nothing at all. Although this chapter is the start of something...and not just a budding romance. ;) /*

It was so quick that my mind was still a few seconds behind what was happening. Someone had reached out at the last minute and grabbed the top of my arm, dragging me in the opposite direction to the school and away from the mysterious man.

I could see that it was Mr Hinchcliffe who was pulling me, moving fast through the groups of students that were still hanging around the school gates. My jaw fell open in shock and my mind wandered for only a few seconds...a few seconds long enough to stumble and trip over my own feet.

I lifted my hands above my face for protection and groaned as I felt them collide with the warm tarmac surface of the road just outside the school grounds. I looked up and glanced back to see the man from the car still in pursuit, breaking now into a brisk jog. Not as fast as a sprint, but faster than walking. I let a quiet cry of panic out of my lips, unable to stop it from escaping.

Mr Hinchcliffe sighed and leaned down, lifting me to my feet and dragging me so fast that I kept stumbling over myself. If it wasn't for his support, I would have face planted at least another 5 times. I didn't really take note of where we were going but we ended up behind the back of the school, out of the vision and earshot of any other students. I could still see the suited man behind us, but this time he was running at full speed.

I tried my best to keep up to Mr Hinchcliffe so that I wouldn't stumble and slow us down, but it was impossible. So that's when he picked me up and threw me across his left shoulder with one arm around my waist, breaking into a full sprint so fast that I could hear the wind whistling in my ears and feel my eyes watering. Although by this time, I wasn't sure that the wind was the only reason my eyes were welling up.

"What's happening? Where are we going?" I said through my sobs, ashamed that I was so easily reduced to tears. Dammit. This was the second time I'd cried in front of him, but I guess I had a valid excuse. Yep. Been chased by a mad man who looked like he could beat even Jacob Black in a fight...that was if he wasn't a werewolf. Okay, well, beat Taylor Lautner in a fight. And his muscles were hu-uge.

"Shhh, it's going to be fine." I heard Mr Hinchcliffe reply in a hushed voice, and I felt his right hand lift just above where his other one was holding me up and rub the small of my back soothingly. His touch sent shivers down my spine, and I became all too aware of our bodily contact. His left arm was around my waist, his right arm was at the bottom of my back...and my head leaned just over his shoulder in the crook of his neck.

I suddenly felt us slow down and I immediately flew into a panic, I could feel myself shaking as I was placed back onto the ground. I felt my knees buckle below me and I sunk to the ground, unable to hold myself up. Instead of hearing the usual, spiteful laugh that I expected from Mr Hinchcliffe; all I heard was the sound of rustling and when I looked up, I saw that he'd taken a seat next to me.

"W-What's going on?" I stuttered over my words, the tears still slowly falling from my stinging eyes. I turned to Mr Hinchcliffe hoping for an answer, but he had his head in his hands and didn't look like he was going to answer anytime soon. "Mr Hinchcliffe?" I tried again, hearing my voice crack halfway through his name.

He lifted his head up to slowly look at me; and I looked back at him to see what seemed like a look of defeat in his eyes, but he still managed a gentle smile. I was so confused.