Chapter 2

Chapter 2

(F/N), you have to get up, otherwise you will not be able to have breakfast before we have to go!" My mother spoke in the ear of mine and shooking me by the shoulders. In a flash I opened my eyes and looked to my mother. "It's good mom" I mumbled tired and rubbed my eyes with a yawning. Mom went to the windows and tore the curtains apart. The she turned to me and said. "You're such a sleepyhead! You better get up quickly before the pancakes get cold. At 9:00 am we'll take you to the airport. It's already 10 minutes past 6:00 am."

"I will make it. But can you please get out of my room so I can change?" I asked her. She came up to me and gave me a kiss on the forehead and left the room with a smile on her face. After sighing I took a black short and a (F/C) shirt from the suitcase and left my room to take a shower in the bathroom. A warm shower relaxes me every day. It is like having all worries washed away. I don't know how long I was in the shower, but it felt like minutes. At some pint I had to get out again, so I got out of the shower and dried myself off. After that I got dressed in my clothes, which I have picked out from all my clothes. I quickly dried my hair and use my brush to comb through my hair.

Then I ran back into the room and packed my things in a bag, like my mobile phone, headphones and other stuff, which I need during the flight. I put the bag next to the suitcase. I quickly climbed down the stairs. I can hear my parents talking about their trip. Eye rolling I entered the kitchen and dump down to my seat and looking at my parents from the side. They flirted with each other again, although they have been married for more than 14 years. This is sometimes really embarrassing when they do it in public. "Could you please leave it in your room?" I moaned annoyed and put two pancakes on the plate. They stopped and looking at me with a smile now. My father asked innocently "What should we leave behind our room, (F/N)?"

Oh God! That's really annoying when my father is like that.

"Doesn't matter now. When will we go?" I asked him and took a big bite from my pancakes. I just wanted to distract from my dad's question. He opened his mouth to make a comment, but my mother came him before "We'll leave soon, you should be ready. Your furniture, TV and other things will come over the time." I just nodded because I can't speak with a full mouth.

After about 15 minutes we were done and then I helped my mother to wash up, while my dad brought the suitcases and the bags in the car. After our doing we all got into the car and drove off. The journey would take a long time because we live far away from the airport. "When are you going to start your journey?" I wanted to know curiously, pulling my phone and headphones out of the bag on the back seat. My mother turned her head in my direction and said with a smile on her face "only in four days because we still have to dismantle your things and send them to Japan. Then we'll start. At first we want to go to Yellowstone National Park in the United States." And after she looked back straight at the street. I snorted angrily und put the headphones in my ear and crossed my arms on front of my chest like an angry child.

That's really mean of them. While visiting such interesting cities, national parks and countries I have to be in Japan!

Of course, I don't say that oud loud, otherwise there would be unnecessary arguments and problems with them again. We don't fight very often, only when that Amanda once spreads lies about me again. Once she told, I had eaten her rabbit, which was a complete lie. There was an argument with her first, then with the director. He invited my parents and me to talk with him in his office. At first I had to explain to them that I have done nothing wrong and it hasn't to do with the school. After that, my parents were very angry with me and gave me two weeks house arrest. I was not allowed to go into the forest anymore. For that I was very upset. After two days it turned out that the rabbit was with a friend of Amanda. So my parents and the director apologized to me.

At some time we arrived at the airport and got out of the car. Happily I stretched and hung on my bag. My father picked up my suitcase, together we entered the airport. On the big signboard we saw where we had to go and went there. The queue was relative long. When it was my turn to go, my parents pulled me into a hug and whispered "We'll miss you very much, honey". "Me too" I replied.

>> Time skip, after the 12 hour flight and taxi ride to the village<<

During the taxi ride I listened to my favorite band music all the time and looked bored out of the window. From far away I already saw the house of my grandparents, of which my mother always told me about. The house is surrounded by trees and I can see the forest all around.

I'm looking forward to exploring the forest! How are my grandparents? And how are the people in the village?

These and other thoughts plagued me all the time. It would not be long before we'll arrive. The address of my grandparents I got from mom. Unfortunately, my grandparents couldn't pick me up because they do not own a car. The closer we get to the house, the faster and faster my heart beats. The taxi finally stops in front of the house. The taxi driver picks up the suitcase and puts it on the floor. I packed the phone in my pocket back. I pay the driver and he rushed away after. Swallowing, I turned to the house and ran towards the door. I raised my right hand and rang excited. It took a few minutes for someone to open the door for me. An elderly man opened the door and next to him is a brunette of the same age.

These are my grandparents!

The eyes of the couple looked at me thoroughly and my grandmother started to speak "Hello, you must be (F/N) (L/N). We are your grandparents, as you can see. Come in the house first, there we can talk undisturbed." I just nodded in relief and pulled my suitcase behind me. I silently followed them into a room, the living room. The living room was kept in a nice yellow tone. There was also a large bookcase in it, TV, cupboards and a fireplace adorning the room. We sat down on the sofa and my grandfather started to speak this time "Your parents have told you that we live in a village that lies in the forest?" "Y-yes, they have," I replied a little shyly. My grandfather smiled knowingly and continued, "We know the secret of yours and your father, so you haven't be afraid of us. You sure want to know where we know it from. Your mother visited us with your father for a few weeks, since she have been pregnant with you. They told us your father's secret, but of course we thought it was a joke at first. But after that, our daughter's husband turned into a wolf before our eyes. We were shocked at first, but then we just took it. Your father also told us that you can turn in a wolf too. At the time, we simply wanted our only daughter to be happy, and she still is, thanks to your father and you. Of course, we did not tell the secret to second one." I listened very carefully to the story. A big load fell off my shoulder as they hugged me and kissed my cheek. With relief, a single tear ran down my cheek. Through this gesture I knew that they love me.

I'm glad to have such grandparents who won't see you as a freak.

A loud growl sounded in the room. Embarrassed, I held my stomach and pulled away from the hug. My grandparents looked at me first and then and started to giggle. As I was not longer embarrassed anymore and giggled with them. Granny got up from the sofa and wanted me to follow her. I left my bag and suitcase in the living room and ran after her like a puppy. We arrived at a large kitchen and sat on a chair opposite the window. I love to watch the in the forest while eating in piece. My grandmother put many dishes on the table and called for my grandfather. She put chopsticks at the table.

Luckily, mom taught me how to use chopsticks. Most of all, if I had not grown up with two languages, I wouldn't understand my grandparents at all.

Afterthe dinner I turned around to know what time we have right now. Thanks of thefood I got tired. The flight and the taxi driving were really exhausting. Myeyes became heavier after minutes. My grandparents noticed my tiredness. Mygrandfather took me to a guest room and sat on the bed and whispered softly "Wewill continue to speak tomorrow. Ge change and go sleep. I brought up your suitcaseearlier. Sleep well, (F/N)." Silently he closed the door behind him. I changedquickly and lay down in the cuddly bed. Quickly I was in the land of dreams.