Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The sun was shining on my face as someone pulled the curtains apart, I kept my eyes closed. With murring I turned away from the light and pulled the blanket over my head to continue my sleep. I heard an annoyed sigh behind my back. The person came up to me and pulled the blanket away from my body. "You have to get up, (Y/N). We wanted to discuss something we couldn't do yesterday because you were tired, so get up now! ", A female voice commands me.

I Yawning and sat up in the bed and looked at my grandmother with a tired look. Surely my hair looks like a bird's nest. For her it was probably funny, because she started to giggle. That annoys me a bit already. I tried to hide my feelings and asked her, "What time are we having?" My grandmother stopped giggling and became serious again and replied "It's just ten minutes past eight o'clock."

"WHAT? Why are you waking me up so early, even though I arrived in Japan yesterday?" I complained and finally got up from the bed. "It is normal here you get up early. Plus, your grandfather and I have to work and we have to get out into the city." She said and left the room. Without another word I ran to the window and opened it to let in fresh air.

Then she put some pancakes on the table and sat on the chair. "Grandma, Grandpa, I wanted to ask you something," I began to speak and took a bite of my pancakes. My grandfather looked at me, raised an eyebrow and asked, "What is your request?

"How long will you always work?" I asked without turning around and continued to look into the forest. My grandmother stepped behind me and put a hand on my shoulder and answered my question "Your grandfather and I, have a shop and we have to stay there until the evening." She patted my shoulder and left the room again.

I searched through my suitcase for clothes. I took a black pants, white blouse and not forget underwear out. After that, I left the room and entered the bathroom and did my morning routine, showering and brushing my teeth. When brushing my teeth, I thought about last night's event.

I'm happy that I have met Ame. I hope that my grandparents will allow me to stay with Ame for a few days.

I went to the kitchen and saw my grandfather sitting at the table and my grandmother standing in front of the cooker. "Mh, here smells it very good. What are you cooking, granny?" I asked her hungry and sat down next to grandfather. My grandmother turns around with the pan in her hand and say "I thought I could try a new recipe."

"What exactly?"

"I thinks that's called pancakes."

The she put some pancakes on the table and sat down on the chair. "Grandma, Grandpa, I want to ask you something" I began to speak and took a bite of the breakfast. My grandfather looked at me, raised an eyebrow and asked "What's your concern?"

"I woke up last night because I have heard a howling and then I slipped out of the house. In the woods I met a wolf and he is like me! He can turn from a human to a wolf!" I continued to swarm about Ame. "But it wasn't all that you want to say, was it?" Grandfather asked, glancing at the grandmother.

Are they mad at me because I sneaked out without her permission?

That's exactly what I asked them. "No. We know very well that you can take care of yourself. Your mother told us that you have no friends in your homeland and that's why we're so happy that you've found someone. You can call your friend and spend time with him."

"That's the point. I wanted to ask you if I could live with him in the forest for a few days. He wants to show me the whole forest."

"If you want it, ok. BUT, next week you will be back, because your furniture will arrive soon and then we can design your room."

"OK, I'll be there! Thank you grandma, thank you grandpa" I called full of joy and kissed my grandparents on the cheeks. With large bites, I ate all of my plate empty and jumped up from my chair and stormed out of the kitchen. My grandparents just shook their heads about it. Quickly I ran to my room, but halfway I stopped when I remembered that I didn't know where to meet Ame.

How could I forget something important to ask? But I can just call him with my howl!

After these thoughts I left the house, but before that I said goodbye to my grandparents. I ran down the street and put my hands in my pocket and hummed into the forest. The more I went into the forest, the darker it became. Today was a cloudy day and it looked like a storm. An icy chill rand down my back because I was already scared as a small child of storms. At the time I ran crying to my parents and hiding under the blanket and spending the whole night with them. Even today I am afraid of the storms and always avoid to go into the forest with my father when it stormed

I hate storms!

When I was sure that I was close enough in the forest, I transformed into my animal form and called Ame with a howl. Then I sat sown on the floor and waited for him.

"(Y/N), here I am."