Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I jumped on my legs with full of joy and turned around and looked smiling at Ame. Well, as good as I can with a wolf body. "Konichiwa," I greeted Ame happily and ran to him. "Konichiwa, (Y/N)," Ame greeted me as well. "Did your grandparents allow you to spend some time with me?" He asked, nodding at me to follow him. I ran after him and answered with a side-glance."Yes, they did, but I have to be home next week."

"That's a pity, but the main thing is, you can spend some time with me. Hmmm ... At first I'll show you the entire forest, so you can be more familiar with it. You agree with that? "Ame suggested, looking at me questioningly. I just looked and confirm with a simple "yes". As we walked, I noticed from the corner of my eye how Ame looked me up and down. Hours passed he showed me the forest, unfortunately, it would soon start to thunderstorms, so we broke off our tour and ran back to Ame's den. We entered the den in time. I lay down panting on the homemade bed of Ame. He lay down in front of me and his head is on his paws and watch me. "The day was really nice, I hope you like the forest."

"Of course the whole for-"I began to speak, but then cried out briefly when it suddenly thundered. I whimpered of the sudden sound. "Are you afraid of thunderstorms?" Ame asked and lay down next to me and snuggled up to me a bit. "Y-yes, I-I never liked thunderstorms!" I stuttered a bit awkwardly. If I had been in my human form, I would be as red as a tomato. But by his closeness and touch, I calmed down a bit, even though my fear hasn't disappeared completely. It thundered again and this time it was louder than the one before. I pressed myself into his soft fur. Ame like the forest. Ame put his head on mine and whispered some words into my ear "Shh ... I'm with you. Nothing will happen to you." I breathed in his scent and closed my (E/C) eyes and fell in a deep sleep.

The next morning broke in and the animals slowly awakened from their sleep. I opened my eyes and saw directly in Ame soul mirror. (E/C) met brown pair of eyes.

His eyes are so beautiful. I could go in them all day. Why am I thinking about his eyes? I mean, I've just met him and feel nothing more than friendship or is there more?

"Good morning" I greeted Ame with glowing cheeks." I wish you a good morning too," Ame greeted me with a smile. He moved carefully apart from me and then shacked himself briefly. "You're definitely hungry. We have to catch our food ourselves, so we should be on our way now" he explained. With a growling stomach, I stand up of the ground and followed Ame.

Thanks to my father, I know how to hunt. When we arrived outside, Ame didn't wait too long and ran at high speed deeper into the forest. He exclaimed without turning around "I can smell something. It's very close, follow me." Without thinking long, I run him behind. As we approached, the smell of wild boar became stronger. Ame stopped of all sudden. If I haven't have such good reflexes, I would have run into him. We hid behind a small bush, we watched the young boar searching for food. "It's best if you scare him and shoo him in my direction. Do you understand?"

"Yes"

"Okay, let's do it, let's go."

After the successful hunt, he led us with a full stomach to a river not far from the cave and then drank from the river. We are covered from top to bottom with mud and dirt. I changed in my human form and jump in the river. The water was cold, but not too cold to take a bath. "Come on, the water is really nice", I shouted to him. After that, he changed in his human form as well. He jumped in the water next to me. He began to splash water at me. "Hey, you'll get it back!" I mumbled softly and grinned innocent and sprayed him with water as well.

We laughed, talked and had fun in the river all day long. Like every day, this one had to end. Tired and in our wolfish form, we ran back to the cave. There we sat down on the ground. I cuddled up to him and said in a half sleep "Good night."

I noticed him briefly press his snout against mine.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)."