Chapter 8

Viva decided to move into the house with me. Thankfully, she took over paying the bills and all that. Though I had to get a job, under the table of course, to help out with the grocery money. I am now an employee at Happy King, where you'll get a good meal and smile for a steal.

Every moment there I want to shoot myself, but then I remember there's a chance of me coming back.

"Welcome home" Viva greeted as I flopped onto the couch. "Did you have a good time at work"

"No" I mumbled into the couch cushions.

"That's too bad" she said "I hope you don't mind eating alone tonight"

"What?Why?" I asked finally lifting my head up.

"I've got a date tonight" she replied

"You date?" I said in shock

"Of course I do" she replied "What did you think I let the game rule my whole life?"

".....Maybe"

"Seriously? Dear lord, not even Alexander obsesses over it that much" she said "Alexia would kill him if he did"

"Who's Alexia?" I asked. She immediately realised her slip up and bit her tongue. "Viva, who is Alexia?"

I kept asking until she finally broke

"His daughter" she blurted out

"He has a kid!? Who's the mom? It's not you is it?" I asked. She lit up.

"Of course not! Why would ask that!?"

"I don't know. I thought you guys were some weird couple or something." I shrugged "I've seen the way he looks at you, so I just guessed you were together."

"No, no, no." she said shaking her head "We're just teammates, Kirara."

"Then who the hell had the kid with him"

Her blush faded and sadness took over

"Eliva's fourth piece. She used her final life to give birth to Alexia" she answered "Her name was Beatrice. She was one of the nicest people you could've met. It was surprising when she ended up with Alex, but it was a good thing. She brought out things in him that haven't been seen since."

"Oh. So....is that why he's such a dick?"

She laughed before replying, "No, no. He was a dick before that. She was the only thing that seemed to calm that part of him though."

"How old is his kid?" I asked

"She just turned nineteen, I believe. She was born once Eliva was gone. She thinks she's a human, but with a dad you got tangled up in otherworldly business. Alex would prefer it to stay that way."

"I see' I replied "....So, did you or Hector ever have kids?"

"Oh goodness, I couldn't handle having a kid" she laughed before returning to serious "But old Hec had a whole family back on his planet"

"Why did he leave them?"

"They were killed when Lucian invaded their planet. That's why he joined the game. He wanted to see Lucian fall." she answered before clearing her throat and getting up, "Well, I gotta go get ready"

She started to walk away.

"Viva" I called making her stop "Do...do you think that...this game can end happily?"

She smiled before answering, "I hope so"

A happy ending. That's something you only see in movies or fairy tales. Could something like that really happen, even in a situation like this? What would it even be like? Well I wouldn't be stuck with Lucian for the rest of my life, that's for sure. The planet wouldn't be destroyed either. A happy ending to me would be one where I won the game and got my life back.