Chapter 10

It all happened so fast. No sooner than Alex arriving, Lucian's forces were invading. The military did what they could, but it was pointless. They were fighting dragons for fuck sacs. And the ones you hear about in old legends, one that were defeated by knights with swords. They were fighting the real things, thousands of them.

"What do we do! What do we do! What do we do!?" Viva was in full panic mode "I can't do this crap again! I actually liked this place! I don't want to have to flee again!"

"Viva, shut the hell up already!" Alex snapped "Gods damn, you do this every time. It's so annoying!"

"How can you not be panicking, Alex! They're here to destroy yet another of our homes! Think of what could happen to Alexia!" Viva replied

"Alexia will be fine. I made sure of that. There's no reason for you to be freaking out"

"Both of you knock it off!" I yelled over the argueing pair.They attention was finally put on me

"Kirara what do we do?" Shadow asked

"The same thing you two have done since ya got roped into this." I said pointing at my pieces "We fight with all we have and save our home"

"But... but we've never done that. We've tried but..but we always fail" Viva replied.

"So what? That doesn't automatically mean we'll lose this time" I said pulling my stone off my necklace "We have to try. If this world is destroyed I at least want to say I fought trying to save it. Don't you?"

"I...I guess I do" Viva sheepishly answered

"Good, now get your put out there and do whatever it is you do" I said

"Yes Captain" she said saluting me "But first I have to go to the ship. I'll be back"

She took off in a dash towards the currently burning woods.

"The hell is she talking about?" I asked Alex "Where the hell is there a ship!?"

"Oh, we hide Eliva's ship in a cave in the forest. We figure it'd be safe there." he shrugged

"There was a ship here the whole time?" I said in shock and annoyance "Why am I just now hearing of this!?"

"We didn't need you messing with it, or taking it on any joyrides." he answered "Now if you excuse me I see quite a few asses that need to kicked"

With that he was gone. All I saw was a lot of blood and bodies flying in the direction he ran off in.

I let out a deep breath before asking, "You gonna help too Shadow?"

"If it's what you wish, Kirara" they answered

"It is, do whatever you can to help. Be sure to hurt only the dragons, not the humans. Got it?"

"Yes, my mistress" they said, their eyes flashing a venomous shade of violet before they vanished into black smoke.

"Alright" I huffed as I summoned my sword "Let's put this party on ice"

Dear gods that was a bad one liner.

I grew my wings and took to the sky, freezing whatever enemies or flames I could.

Viva ran with all her might towards the cave. She tried not to inhale too much smoke, but that was easier said than done.

"Where are you going in such a rush" a familiar voice asked. She slid to a stop just outside of the cave. There in the entrances stood a wolf the size of a van. Steam rolled off its fur, the grass below its feet was left in flames with each steps.