Ch 11: Shoto

"Shoto sweety what are you doing in here?" a familiar voice asked with worry and panic under lying her every word. Shoto ignored the voice and continued to look around the large room. There were photos and newspaper clippings hanging all over the room. There were different colored strings lacing the entire room like a spider web. What caught Shoto's eye the most was the ink black leather string that ran through the room. It connected all different types of documents before it led to a set of photos. They were stacked and some were slightly chard at the edges. Shoto took a step forward curious as to what they were capturing.

Then it all stopped the room spun around so that Shoto was looking out the door frame. Endeavor was beyond pissed and he was towaring over Shoto's mother. His flame quirk was activated and flaring up.

"***t ** *h* *** do*n* in **** *" Shoto couldn't hear his father clearing all he could make out were bits and pieces. He seen his mother cowering on the ground trying to say something. Yet those words only cause Endeavor to become more infuriated. He began to yell and as he did so Shoto felt himself move forward. He was scared yet he kept moving forward while the images of the room began to blur. When Shoto finally stepped his small foot out the of the door frame the scene changed.

He was looking through the kitchen door. His mother was on her phone talking to someone. Again Shoto couldn't hear what she was saying. She looked frantic, her hair was greasy and frailed, her skin looked dry and cracked. The look on her face was completely horrified while her eyes were rubbed raw from tears. When Shoto's small body took another step forward he heard screaming. The image in front of him changed. He was sitting next to his bedroom door and was peaking around the corner. He heard yelling and arguing but he couldn't make out what they were saying. But as he peaked around the corner a little further he seen his father towering over his mother. She was groveling on the ground a crazed look on her face. The last thing that Shoto seen was his mother looking up at his father. Her lips moved ever so slightly and whatever she said set Enji flying off his handle.

Eyes snapping wide open and his body slicked with sweat Shoto sat up. He was still in bed and his room was cloaked in a eary darkness. The only light being the sliver of a moon hanging high in the star lit sky. Shoto looked around his room to find everything in its place. A long and heavy sigh escaped the teen as he evened his breathing out. When Shoto swung his legs over the side of his bed they were met with the chilling wooden floor. Shoto drug himself over to his bathroom and splashed cold onto his face.

"Why do I keep having these nightmares...." Shoto asked as he looked at himself in the mirror. The scare on his face standing out amongst the rest of his features. Running a hand over his scare Shoto felt himself pull away from his own hand. The lingering sting still fresh in his mind and the hatred for the man he called father. While those bitter thoughts washed through his mind one made it to the forefront. A head of bouncy forest green curls, twin pools of deep emerald, and a slider body. Shoto couldn't stop himself when it came to Tsukauchi. Everything about the teen was captivating and intrancing. Then the memories of only three days ago started to flood in. Tsukauchi being beaten and abused while all Shoto could do was look on in horror. It felt as if that bastard Leo was just rubbing it in his face. Tsukauchi obviously wasn't interested in Shoto yet he wanted Tsukauchi so desperately. The more Shoto thought about this the more irritated and irrational he began to think. Before his mind could go any further down that rabbit hole Shoto slammed his fist into the mirror. The already hideous image of himself was completely disfigured into a grotesque reflection.

Emptiness engulfed Shoto's mind paired with the horrific silence that consumed his room. Shoto wanted to clear his mind and decided to get a shower. Maybe the warm water would cool his nerve and calm his racing heart. Several minutes passed and the mirror was beginning to mock Shoto's state of mind, completely covered in foggy-condensation. During these drowsy moments Shoto had time to think without any disturbance. Again thoughts of three nights ago ran unleashed in Shoto's mind. He felt absolutely pathetic. Instead of just seeing the ember of his frozen heart getting ripped around like a rag doll. Shoto remembered Katsuki Bakugo.