Ch 25: Sleepless Night

"I think that clone of yours told me something about a quirk being personified or something and about some woman named Leona." Aizawa stated after Menita calmed down from his brain melt down. Though when Aizawa mentioned Leona Izuku visibly stiffend like a statue.

"Yeah...if your quirk is strong enough it will create a consciousness of its own and it can move through the world like a normal person if it weren't for the fact that it's attached to your body like a second consciousness." Izuku stated his face looking rather grim.

"There isn't much known about the topic a number of organizations and individuals have tried to artificially create it much like other quirks which those were successful but when they tried to recreate one like Izuku's it only ended with the subject dieing." Leo stated while glancing over to Izuku to make sure he was doing okay.

"Some explode, other combust, some just die, others their bodies will quite working but they're still alive...there are all types of things that can go wrong when trying to re-create this quirk. Then when they tried extracting a quirk and powering it up until it's close to the needed power either the quirk disappears or it kills everything within a 100 feet radius." Izuku stated his face still as grim as when he heard Leona's name.

"Then there are those that are born with it. Izuku is one of the few to ever of been documented and even the undocumented ones are rare as hell. The only one I've ever come across is Izuku. At first when I was hearing about this shit I thought it was just another rumor or theory by some loony fuck living in a basement." Leo explained while continuing to watch his cloud of smoke swirl around the room.

"So what do you know about them so far?" Aizawa asked feeling quiet intrigued by this new information.

"Not much, like we've said there isn't much known about them and when they do use their quirk they're on a completely different level than any of the rest of us. But when a few freaks did try to run some tests and experiments to see just what made Izuku's quirk so special...they didn't even make it past the third stage when Izuku's quirk went on a rampage and it was quiet the show if I do say so myself." Leo snickered while putting his cigarette out in the ash in front of him.

"Was it something like what happened last night with his clone screaming and yelling for him to get away and to stop?" Todoroki asked finally letting it sink in that the person he fell for was only a clone and the real one was sitting in front of him.

"More like a hundred times that, when they were trying to get his quirk to show herself they made the mistake of making it look like Bakugo and his mom were-" Leo was cut off by a side glance from Izuku.

"My mom and I were what?" Bakugo asked while looking directly at Izuku. The teen just continued to stare at the floor. "Izuku what is he talking about?" Bakugo asked again this time more forcefully. When he did that Izuku felt his collar start to spark and tighten. The teens ears then flattened and his hands clenched together as tight as possible.

"They were messing with my head and I thought auntie and you were dead....I knew it was all in my head but-..." Izuku bit his bottom lip that memory as vivid in his mind as the day it happened.

"But I thought I was going to lose the both of you like I lost mom...I can't go through that again Kac-...Bakugo I can't go through that again I don't think that I could keep myself sane any longer if I lost you guys." Izuku chuckled bitterly his face knotted in a mix of anger and fear. Izuku hung his head low his heart feeling like it was going to bust out of his chest.

What Izuku just said really surprised Bakugo. Even after what had happened during their childhood Izuku still cared. It made Bakugo guilty and a bit uncomfortable hearing this.