FIVE

Sapphire Flame  -  Yasmeen J.

The Realm Of Aedezia

   Griffin's steps through the dead forest led them to the gates of Aedon. Griffin sighed in relief at the sight, he then peered down at the unconscious woman in his arms. She had fainted a while back, most likely due to the trauma of going through the portal for the first time. Griffin knew that her body would react that way, which is why he didn't want her to go through so early and rushed. But he had no choice.

   The castle was his home, therefore, it recognized him, easily opening the gates meant to protect and guard it. It was like a pet, welcoming home its master after a long trip away. The sound of the metal slowing moving echoed all through the area. Letting the people know that their king was home.

   He sauntered down the walkway that revealed itself, his dress shoes clicking on the stone path. It appeared to be nothing but thick and heavy mist up ahead but as they got closer, Aedon was unveiled.

   The palace towers were so tall it looked as if they reached through the clouds, its walls built up from black stones. Griffin started the walk up the dozens of steps to the large tall doors of the castle. Like the gates, the doors automatically creaked open slowly. Griffin stepping inside.
   Dark, gloomy, and luxurious. The only words to describe the interior. A long corridor decorated with rows of vintage paintings on the walls and multiple glass chandeliers lined up along the narrow ceiling, led into darkness awaited in front of him.

   Cya.

   Alpha? Is everything alright? Cya's voice echoed in his mind.

   The main doors. Now.

   All he could hear was the whoosh of her speed before Cya was standing in front of him, confusion spread across her face. 

   "Is she okay?" she asked, looking down at the woman in his arms.

   "She passed out from the portal. Take her to the east wing to rest and call in the caregivers to watch over her." Cya immediately reached out as Griffin placed Kaena in her arms.
   "Meet me in the throne room after," his voice was cold and demanding, not matching the calm expression he held. She gave a sharp nod, Griffin walking around her and proceeding down the corridor. 

   She lied the woman on to the soft mattress of the bed gently as she connected her thoughts with those of the caregivers, summoning them with a quick order. She looked over Kaena for a moment. The natural light cast onto her smooth glowing mocha skin, her high cheekbones sat perfectly portioned with her slightly round face, Her full heart-shaped lips were naturally puckered. 

   Gorgeous. He's a lucky bastard.

   The caregivers, who were three older women dressed in old raggy gowns, wobbled inside the room then crowded around the woman. They didn't say a word and began examining Kaena, running their fragile wrinkled fingers over her fresh bruises and cuts. 

   One of them spoke up, pulling the thin strains of her brown greying hair out of her face. "She'll be okay," she said locking her hazel eyes with Cya's brown ones. 

   "I'll let the king know."

   Cya pushed open the tall heavy doors of the throne room. She saw nothing but the steel throne that sat at the far end of the room. She trailed inside, searching the room for Griffin. She stopped a few feet away from the throne, hands joined behind her back, chin high, body stiff.