Chapter Twelve

"Burke" Byron yelled at me. I cringed.

"What the hell was that?" he towered over me. He pointed at my sword on the ground. It had slipped out of my hand. I was too sore and tired.

"Can I have break?" I sighed.

"No" he scoffed. "Pick it up, I'm going to add on another half hour if you"

"Fine-fine jeeesh keep your blade on" I grumbled. I walked stiffly to my sword. I couldn't even bend to pick it up.

I went back to stand to at my starting position. We were in what the Guard members called the Sticks Room. It was a room on a rotating moving platform, there were wooden pillars that moved towards you. You had to quickly dodge and strike the pillars. I had hit the edge of one of the pillars and my practice sword had flown out of my hand.

I lifted my sword. Byron started the exercise. I kept missing one of the pillars, that was in the middle. I couldn't strike it fast enough.

I heard an irritated sound from the intercom.

I gritted my teeth in response. I was starting to think that I was just going to drive my own practice blade into myself.

I tripped over one of the edges, falling flat on my face. I immediately tasted the blood.

"Damn it" I wiped my hair back. The platform stopped moving.

I heard footsteps.

"Let me see" Byron stood over me. I got to my feet slowly. I had blood all over my shirt. Byron moved hair away from my face slowly. I couldn't look at him.

"It might be broken" he leaned in close.

"If you would have just given me a break" I huffed in his face. He lifted his hand and I slapped it away. I finally looked at him. "You don't listen, I don't know what your problem is" My nose was still bleeding.

I tilted my head backwards.

"I'm gong to the infirmary, I'll see  you tomorrow" I didn't bother looking at him. I quickly left. Instead of going to the infirmary, I went straight to my room. Ares was waiting for me.

"Stupid, Byron" I muttered to myself, irritated. I sat down on my bed and I fell backwards. Ares rubbed his head against mine. "I hate him."

Ares seemed to be laughing at me. He was telling me that I didn't actually hate him.

"What do you know?" I replied, annoyed. "I'm going to fry you"

Ares let out a laughing twinkling sound. He healed up my nose. I went into the bathroom. I took a long soothing shower.

I needed to find a way to get rid off Byron. He didn't listen to anything I said and worst of all he wasn't helping me. He knew I had to rank.

He was a terrible instructor. I needed a new one.

I jumped out of the bathtub almost falling on my face again. I needed to go see Dr. Nan, he would probably help me.

"Dr. Nan can I talk to you?" I asked him.

"The answer is no, Iris" he didn't look up from his desk.

"Sir, do you know what I came to talk to you about?" I pressed. I stood at the door.

"You wish to have a different instructor, my answer is no. Byron will keep training you."

"But sir"

"No" Dr. Nan looked up. "My answer is no, whatever your problem is with Byron, fix it."

"But sir." I had to get him to hear me out.

"Close the door and take a seat" Dr. Nan sighed. I did what I was told.