Chapter Thirty-Eight

"You should go get a Healer" I snapped at him. I wanted him out of my sight.

There was a high- pitched scream. Iris was struggling with Thomas.

"Iris it is me" Thomas put her down carefully. "It is me" Thomas took her face. She wasn't looking at him. Her eyes were wildly staring around her.

"Iris" I made her look at me. "Look at me- look at me" I told her. Thomas was crying and hugging her tightly.

"Look at me" I yelled at her. "Stop screaming" her chest was falling and rising quickly. She stopped yelling. "We're here okay. I wont' let anything bad happen to you- I swear I'm going to kill the son-of-a-bitch that did this to you. I promise you iris. He will pay"

Iris stopped struggling. She merely stared back at us. I leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

"I swear Iris, we'll find him" Thomas whispered.

She wouldn't let anybody near her not even the Healers. Thomas kept his arms around her. She didn't' say a word but kept her eyes closed. I was scared that she wasn't say anything.

"She's in shock" the Healer told us. "She has lost a lot of blood and is deeply malnourished."

"She'll get better right?"

She was laying in the loft staring out the window. Ares was curled up next to her. It worried me that she wouldn't even acknowledge him.

"Yes she will" the Healer answered. "I just don't know how long it will take- she went through quite an ordeal."

She didn't talk to any of us. She barely even looked at us.

She only let me and Thomas near her. It hurt to see her like that.

"Please" I begged her. "Please tell me you are okay" I wiped my face. "We are supposed to be in this together- let us help you. We are supposed to take care of each other Iris"

"Boys go get some sleep" Nurse Gail gave us a small smile. "Don't you worry, I'll take care of her."

"How is she?" Brenda asked me. She put a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"She's okay" I answered. All events had been cancelled, school ended in less than two months. We only had to get through our classes. It felt long and treacherous. I just wanted to get out of the school and go home.

Maybe that would be better for Iris.

"Nobody is allowed to see her, I tried to visit her" Brenda lowered her voice.

"No- nobody is allowed near her" I answered.

"She's so lucky" this guy answered. "She got the Ranks cancelled, she got extensions on all her work. I wish that would have been me"

My blood started to boil. Without thinking, I threw myself over the table.

"You fucking idiot" I punched him. "You don't' know what you are saying? Do you think it is fun to be tortured" I breathed heavily.

"What?" he shook his head. "Ezra dude- she was tortured"

"Yes you fucking idiots" I yelled at the quiet hall. "She was tortured- some sadistic son of a bitch took her and tortured her. do you want that?" I turned to him.

"I'm sorry- we didn't know. I swear we didn't know anything- nobody has told us anything. All we knew was that she had been missing with Michael. We thought"

"You don't fucking know anything" I took a step towards him. He backed away from me."All of you keep your mouth shut" I picked up my books and left.

Thomas was coming down.