Chapter Thirteen

The dart room was open every other morning for me. Byron made sure I ate but I stopped taking any drinks from him but somehow he managed to smuggle a sleeping potion. Two nights before our Rank, our practice sessions were cancelled. We were given the evenings off to go out into the town. Our finals for the first quarter were given early in the week. I was sure I done well in all my exams. My last final was going to be in Medicine, we had to stitch a wound. I was partnered up with Thomas and Ezra. Thomas had stitched up my leg earlier, it was stinging a little bit.

"Hurry up" Ezra muttered. He looked like if he was going to pass out, his face was pale and squeamish.

"I can't" I rolled my eyes at him. I was trying to sew some stitches. He kept twitching. It was only making it difficult for me. I was especially nervous because I would have my first Sword Session. The boys wanted to go out tonight since we wouldn't be allowed out tomorrow night. Our Ranks would start early in the morning at seven on Saturday. Some of the Second Series and first series students were having a couple of parties.

We were still debating where we wanted to go.

            "We really don't know that many people" Thomas muttered. "We have spent the first three months with each other"

Ezra nodded making a face.

"Yes good point" Ezra chewed on his thumb.

"How about we just stay in and watch a movie?" I suggested. They both gave me dirty looks. "Fine, fine" I put my hands up with a shrug.

"What are you three doing tonight?" Vino and Drake approached the table. "You guys aren't allowed to be out of our sights if you go out" Vino leaned in. "We have to watch over you"

"Shit, you'lll be babysitting" Ezra muttered.

"Trust us, we don't like it anymore than you do. We are leaving at nine if you guys decide to come out, we'll meet you at the front doors. Okay" Drake smiled at us. "We are fun to party with"

We looked at each other. Ezra shrugged.

"I suppose, if we aren't there by nine then we aren't going" Thomas responded. "Thanks guys."

"How lame" Ezra served himself some dinner. "We can't even go out."

"It is probably so we don't drink besides if we go out with them, we can miss curfew"

"Yeah...yeah good point" Thomas served himself a little bit of spinach salad. I wasn't eating. The food didn't look appetizing anymore. The worst part was that I couldn't taste food anymore.

I figured I would serve myself before Byron came over and forced me to eat. I served myself a little bit of food. I wasn't entirely hungry.    

Ezra grumbled as we walked back to the open rooms, so we could watch a movie. It was a giant room with various spaced out bean bags and couches in front of large flat screens. From the looks of it we were the only ones staying in.

"Why?" Ezra threw himself on a beanbag. "I wanted to go out and relieve some stress."

I rolled my eyes, knowing what he meant. HE wanted to hook up with some girl.

"Let's watch a movie" I pulled up a bean bag in between them. "I don't want to go out and neither does Thomas."

Ezra gave us a dirty look. We had decided that two out of three had to agree on something so we could do it.

I was glad Thomas had been on my side this time, he liked to party just as much as Ezra.

"What do we watch" I asked as I flicked through the channels. We ended up settling on a chick-flick but it didn't matter, I fell asleep.