Chapter Sixteen

I stepped into the meeting room. I was really anxious to hear what they were going to tell me. I had to wear a stupid brace so my injury wouldn't be affected. I felt ridiculous in it even more now that I had a meeting to discuss the fact that I didn't Rank.

Across a large table all of my professors were seated. To the far right Byron, Vino and Drake were seated. Luckily, Thomas and Ezra were allowed to be present. I felt like if we were in a court room. I sat in the middle of the room. They stared down at me.

"We shall commence your Disciplinary Hearing momentarily"

I glanced anxiously around the room.

I looked over at Thomas and Ezra.  They both smiled at me. They didn't look worried.

The doors opened and my grandmother walked in.

Damn.

Behind her was Dr. Nan. On the other side of the room, three men walked in. They were dressed in black. On their shirts were three swords.

Was I going to be arrested?

The three Guardians were present.

I looked back at Thomas and Ezra. They were both watching the Guardians. Rupert and my other trainer took a seat.

All of my instructors were present including the Guardians.

I was so screwed.

            Dr. Langston spoke up he was wearing rich purple robes. There were five others including Dr. Nan that were dressed in purple. It had to be the Immortals' Counsel.

"Please state your full name for the record"

"Iris Antoinette Burke" my voice croaked. I wiped my hands on my skirt. I kept my eyes on him.

"What is your title?" A women asked me.

"She is the Third Guardian of the 16th Crown" my grandmother spoke up. I glanced up a her. She was seated by herself away from others. "It is in your notes Tanya"

The women nodded. I held my breath.

I clasped my hands together waiting. They were looking over some notes. A few glanced at me.

"We are gathered here today to discuss your progress" a man wearing a wizard hat muttered. He had thick frames on. "in which you failed to Rank first in your chosen field. As a Guardian you are expected to Rank first in your weapon of choice and in other fields in the top ten but during your first Swords Match you"

"We know she failed to Rank." My grandmother sounded irritated. "There is no need to go over what happened Quen"

"Andrea we are in the middle of a hearing" Quen replied. He looked over his glasses at her. "Please wait until we are done"

"If you would hurry" My grandmother snapped at him. "Let's get to the point Quen, my grand-daughter is only going to be put a probation"

For some reason, I sighed with relief. She already knew the verdict.

"Andrea" Dr. Nan sighed. He gave her a look. "We are going to through the procedures"

"Do I need to remind you this is my grand-daugther" my grandmother caught him off sharply. "She should not be having a Disciplinary Hearing" My grandmother sounded angry.

"Andrea" Dr. Langston got to his feet. "We can discuss this privately later. Now, we have a Hearing"

"No" My grandmother got to her feet. "No" she slammed her hand on the table. "Give the verdict and move on"