Like Looking in a Mirror

(Drusilla)

"They already did Fallow Mire, right?" That place...please tell me we don't have to go back there.

"Mostly. That was before our trip into the Deep Roads."

"Doesn't that mean-"

"Yup."

"Should we tell-" Cassandra will want to know. Might get less infuriated at the poor guy.

"No. I already told Varric to consider it. What he does with that information is up to him." She was such a mom sometimes.

No funsies.

"I can understand his apprehension. That's his best friend she's asking him to bring here where she could very well die. He doesn't want to ask because he knows she'll come and get involved. That's how Hawke is no matter how you make them in your version. "

"On the off chance you don't make him your enemy."

"Who could do that?" She was gonna bring it up.

"You did." Maven...

"Fuck...that was one time and I hated it." It was horrible as all shit. Could we not?

"You cried like a baby anytime you talked to him in that one and immediately made a new profile afterwards and apologized to him regularly as you made your next one." Rude!!!

"Don't act like you would have done anything different. Anyways...shouldn't we let Odessa at least know about Adamant?" She chose Loghain to be a Warden and Alistair was off drinking. It had been her way of getting back at him for his...cruelty. Dumping her when she was an elf and wasn't hardened to take her as his consort.

"Yes. We need to do that together, though. I'm also worried about some things..." Here we go.

"It isn't the same since we got here. We've been changing things."

'Well, yeah, you've been all flirty with Cullen for starters. Taking our Lady Inquisitor's love interest.'

"That's what happens when people like us get dropped in a place like this. We're being called the All Knowing and who knows what kind of rumors there are about us. We're like those handmaiden ladies of Celene's but for Odessa." I was counting on it.

"Orlais is gonna be fun." My favorite thing, really. I was looking forward to it.

There was a knock on the door; light and...it was Odessa. It had to be.

"Want to come with me to meet someone?" Oh fuck.

"Yes!" I stood so quickly, my long forgotten book nearly fell off my lap.

Maven was staring at her.

"You mean...the Champion?"

"Probably. Cassandra is going to be furious." The woman was giggling. I really liked this Inquisitor of Maven's.

She was like a kindred. Of course, we followed her up the steps to the battlements.

When black hair came into view, I looked to Varric and winked at him.

"Veil, Tear, of course she wanted to bring you on the off chance I was introducing you to her." Varric was grinning at Hawke as she turned to us.

Then it was a staring match because it wasn't Hawke from inquisition. It was second game Hawke like no fucking time had passed. And fuck if we weren't all the spitting images of one another.

"Makers balls...Varric, I thought you were joking. Just when I thought I'd seen it all."

"Like looking into an Eluvian." Maven nodded, succeeding in schooling her face so as to not show how smug she felt.