Unparalleled Certainty

(Drusilla)

I didn't get it. This place was where dreamers, spirits, and demons went. This place was normal and even natural here. Why didn't it feel that way to me? Why was I the only one having a visceral reaction to it? I wanted to throw up. The feeling was there but left me in suspense.

Maven especially, she looked so ready for this place. This very necessary stop on our way to fight Corypheus. The stop we wouldn't have been able to make had I actually kept Erimond dead. This place was no different than the hole in Thedas's sky; too pretty.

I hated how pretty it was and yet she had managed to brush us being in the Fade off like this situation was still outside of and far away from us.

At the same time, there was this odd sort of harmony in the air here. The farther we got from the demons, the more even the song got. Was this more of what Solas spoke of? On Thedas, outside the Fade, everything about demons was off, inside out...

Perverted.

Here, it was still wrong but it was only the demons. Spirits were just confused and even vulnerable. Pure like Cole.

"Dru, you're not going to like hearing this but...you look like shit."

My head snapped to Iron Bull after I incinerated another demon. His expression was every bit how I thought it would be while Blackwall and him had their first talk about Blackwall "being a warden". The look told me I shouldn't even bother trying to convince him of my well being.

All the same, I found myself smiling and even laughing a little.

"Well, that's good. It would be such a fucking shame if I were to look better than I felt."

"One would think it might be because she isn't from this world at all, but then Maven-"

"Has a little more than a small stomach ache." Oh, so this place was off to her too.

"We aren't from this world and we would feel odd as shit physically being in the place our dreams come from."

"You were already feeling off about this place before we got here." Maven mused as she eyed me.

"That's different. I've never been chill with the idea of something feeding off my terror being a real life thing. Now, it is part of my reality. I really miss my old reality, we didn't have most of these freaky creatures outside of entertainment..." I trailed as I almost bit my lip trying to avoid saying the words "movie" or "video game".

I grasped on to every distraction that presented itself. There weren't many aside from the glorified minigame that was comforting all the fears. The fighting was becoming more and more automatic, my staff an extension of myself.

Of course, the Nightmare started talking as soon as I found something even remotely comforting while physically being in the fucking Fade with little to no idea about the outcome of the trip.

'How sure of this world would you be if your sister wasn't around? Even if you make it out of here, what makes you think you won't end up tossed out of the Inquisition once the others find out how you know about them? You'll probably have to resort to pros-'

"I really fucking hate demons." I grumbled as Maven grinned. What was he saying to her for her to make such a face? The nightmare can see our fears, but Maven's fears don't involve the Inquisition nearly as much as mine do because she knows most of how everything will turn out. Her ability to adapt and cope has always been better than mine too. All around, she was the healthiest of our twinship.

I was glad there was no way for this situation to be like Origins dreaming. Where I could easily be forced to have a real Nightmare involving something happening to Maven. I still could not wait to kill this fatass demon.