Traveling to the Winter Palace

(Drusilla)

"They should be back by the time we are done at the Winter Palace. Shall we all head to the War Room to discuss further plans?" Lately, I had been disliking the sound of Leliana's voice while spending time with Dorian in the library. Now was such a time.

Aw, fuck.

"Have fun." Dorian teased as I stomped off. I needed to learn more shit and fast. I had completely forgotten that things were different when you went with templars. I had only chosen them a couple of times, enjoying the mage selection more.

Once we were all in there, I found myself staring at Maven. She was acting funny and awkward...even sheepish? It was somewhat to be expected, but it got more intense when Cullen arrived.

Holy shit...They had sucked face.

'Go, Maven.'

"Alright, we're ahead of schedule since we were given warning from the both of you about the assassination attempt Corypheus has set up for the Empress." Odessa started, appearing to notice what I had if her eyes going back and forth between them was any indication.

"What have we got? I'm taking all of my mages in along with Bull." She continued instead, ignoring it. I felt that made no sense, but also had a feeling that if I kept my mouth shut I might get an explanation.

"I have sent a specific order to Val Royeau in preparation for the event. All allow for proper range of motion while still drawing attention. Now, is it true 'climbing a trellis' will be involved in order to get what is needed out of this event?" Josie's words made me smile. I fucking loved this part of the game.

"Yes." Maven and I answered.

"In that case, I have taken it into my own hands to order a special outfit for you, Drusilla." Why didn't I like the sound of that?

"Um, okay...why?"

"Because you are going to be the main attraction-or distraction at this ball. It would have been even better if you could both perform at the Winter Palace, being both famous and twins-"

"Ambassador...?" I prompted.

"Maven will need to go with the others in order to show them where to go for these halla statue keys that were mentioned in the most time efficient manner. That leaves you to distract the nobles long enough for them to get what they need." Leliana stepped in.

"Are you fucking with me right now?"

"You will not be without proper music. After learning of your unique dancing abilities, I also sent out an order to promote a musician, looking to make his name known through this event. A copy is being sent to the Winter Palace as we speak. We have made it out to be a challenge for the orchestra in the Empress's employ."

"Is that okay? What with the ball not being a known plan just yet?" I was trying to save my skin.

"On the contrary, it will put something behind those rumors being spread about of the Inquisition having All Knowing twins. That in itself should be enough to point their attention to you."

'Fuuuuuuucccckkkk.'

"What about Bull? He would cause way too much attention there." I said, thinking realistically.

"Exactly. He will be both a back-up as well as another attention draw for the nobles who have never seen a Qunari in real life...among other things. Of course, the three of us will be there as well, collecting information." Leliana smiled coyly. And to think I had forgotten about her scandal collection side quest.

That thing had been such a bitch.

"Well, then. Since you all have already figured out everything can one of you at least tell me how much time I have to learn these songs?"