Luck and Knowing Things

(Drusilla)

I watched Maven leave Skyhold on horseback with a couple of other guards from the balcony.

"Does your sister know of your worsening nightmares, my dear? The demons trying to possess you are drawn to you en masse as you become stronger. Your display in the Fade made things worse, no doubt."

Ugh, the Fade. Don't say it. Saying it makes it real.

"We have only become more distant since they started...then more when they became worse. Her focus on training hasn't let up since her recovery. As soon as I said she could pick up a weapon and walk, she's been toeing the line. Hopefully, Cullen can promote better habits for her." I was such a hypocrite.

"And, from the ever growing bags under your eyes, you've been trying study away a basic need."

"Yes, I'm lucky my memory and reaction time haven't faltered...yet."

"True, but I still recommend trying those face creams I mentioned the other day. I still have some spares I could stand to part with. The three of you all appear to have horrid dreams on a regular basis. The Commander, I understand, but neither you or your sister will say anything of yours." I wonder if she knew we all had PTSD.

"I wouldn't mind taking you up on your offer." I gave Vivienne a wry smile. Sometimes I forgot how good she was at getting her way.

"Of course, darling." She produced a container from the top of a stylish satchel, which didn't surprise me any. The Knight Enchanter knew how this exchange would go. I took it and my leave with a polite nod, choosing to drift over to the library and Dorian.

"Hello, Sparkler." I greeted, seating myself across from him.

"Drusilla. Has our dear enchantress finished yet another of her sly lectures on the importance of 'perfection in all things'?"

"I barely let her begin before I caved." I showed him the little container she had handed me and he rolled his eyes but smiled.

"Has Maven left with Cullen yet?" I nodded, almost sulking as I stared out the window. My eyes wanted to close and rest for a while. Even without a mirror, I knew I must have looked cravenly.

"You never told me about what that business at the Royal Palace was about."

"What business? We saved a schemey Empress who knew The Game and shoved the cost of losing down her throat, ate gaudy looking food, and left with an alliance in our pocket and Morrigan as an ally."

"You forgot your dance with The Iron Bull. No one there missed that. When we came back, it looked like you were enjoying yourself quite a bit."

"I was. Bull is an excellent dancer. Quite gentle too..." Dorian's smile reached his eyes, but his next words were coyly delivered.

"Have you ever considered pursuing something with him? Might help with your sleeping, if only a little."

"You are suggesting I use Bull to sleep better by sleeping with him." It wasn't a question.

"Nothing so crass but I don't know the man like you do. Have you never considered a relationship with him? Does his race-"

"Dorian, you know how I get whenever you mention me and anyone dating or whatever. I highly doubt he would be interested in shouldering my baggage, let alone sleep with me..." I muttered.

"On another note, how did your visit with your father go?" His mouth formed a line.

"Well played."

"It went well then."

"As well as it could go, I suppose. Then Odessa lightly chided me for leading her on. It was strange. For a moment I was afraid I would lose her friendship altogether and then expelled from the Inquisition. Yet the former scared me more than the latter." I blinked, shocked for a rare moment. How had the thought not occurred to me? That talk with the Inquisitor was so vital? Having always kept him in the Inquisition, I never considered ending their friendship. Dorian was an amazing friend here. Always the insightful Tevinter bookworm. I adored him...and AdoriBull, but that was during the playthroughs that didn't end with Bull's betrayal and/or romance.