The Men That Don't Fit In*

*The Men That Don't Fit in is a poem by Robert Service*

Date: July 5-31, 1989 Age: 9/10

They never really settled down anywhere in particular while in Africa. They spent a month or two in Ethiopia, soaking in all the raw magic that was infused into the ecosystem. They were taught the legends by locals and some, of course, turned out to be true.

Severus would visit them, twice a week, never on the same day. Only once, did he spend more than a day with them; in July for Harry's birthday, he stayed for a week, while they were scouring Mt. Elgon on the border of Uganda and Kenya, following a herd of Heliopaths that had taken residence in the mountain. Severus was almost giddy when he collected a few jars of fire from them.

They moved away from Africa a month later. Cecily was now decorated with magical tattoos on her face- dots and thick/thin lines adorned her forehead, cheeks, and chin-they were only visible to other clansmen or other wizards- in her hair were more decor, turquoise and amber beads were weaved into her braids by the locals. She wore one or two items of tradition garb, usually up in hair ties/wraps or dashiki or even, on occasion, a gomesi- usually one that was yellow or blue or red. Harry also had new decor in his hair, though his beads were made of crystal and jade, though he usually just wore a decorative kaftan and a pair of loose, airy pants. Cecily had only let the elder of the clan give him a protective rune, instead of the full tattoos, like the elder wanted to. Like Harry wanted too.

Cecily smirked at her son. "Maybe next year, you can get another one, but I will not have you going to school with your face marked. This is the only one you'll have for the time being, because it is useful and I have a feeling you're going to need it."

Harry pouted, but gripped her hand when the first pricks of the needle touched his skin. When the elder was done, Harry looked at his upper arm, staring mesmerized at the Algiz that stood out against the dark skin of his arm. It was simple, but he could feel the magic surrounding it. The elder smiled at him, her teeth were missing, but her smile was kind and mischievous. It made Harry smile back.

He looked up at his mom. "So... I can do this again next year?" Cecily just shook her head, mirth swimming in her eyes.

Date: December 1, 1989 Age:10

They had made it up to Greece by the time another familiar face greeted them. Remus Lupin. The werewolf's eyes widened at the sight of Harry. Cecily immediately pushed her son behind her; Lupin's eyes narrowed and a low growl was heard as his eyes lit amber.

"Mitescere." She whispered, throwing the spell towards the wolf. It was instantaneous, he calmed down and looked at her confused.

"Who are you and what are you doing with Harry Potter?" He asked, trying to look around her at the little boy she had pressed against her back.

"I guess that answers my question on whether or not you remember me." She muttered, mostly to herself. Cecily straightened her back, looking at the wolf head on. "My name is Cecily Graemark and by all rights, Magic and Law, Hadrian Potter, now Hadrian Potter-Graemark is my son. You'd do best to remember that, Remus Lupin, Omega of the Greyback Clan."

Remus' eyes widened slightly at his title, before he dropped his head a little. "I remember you- Lily's Ravenclaw friend. I'm sorry for how I reacted, I was just surprised and worried for Harry's safety. My...Wolf still sees him as pack."

Cecily nodded. "That's expected. Your wolf won't just forget about pack. As for my son's safety, rest assured, I don't think anyone would want to take on the youngest Headmaster of the Unspeakables. No offense." she added, a little snootily. Remus' eye twitched.