Kin

Date: August 1, 1990\ Night after Harry's Birthday- Night after 'THE LETTER' was recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were entwined in red rings
Of blood and loneliness before
The first snows fell
Before muddy rivers seeded clouds
Above a virgin forest, and
Men ran naked, blue and black
Skinned into the warm embraces
Of Sheba, Eve and Lilith.
I was your sister.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cecily looked at the piece of parchment on her counter. She glared.

"You know, I found out that there are some wizards who can project a fire spell out of their eyes," Remus commented, leaning against the counter with her. A cup of Irish Breakfast tea was in his hands.

Cecily crossed her arms and glared harder. "Point?" She said, frowning harshly.

Remus chuckled and faced the letter. "I just thought you might want to join them," he took a sip of his tea. "You know, so you can learn how to destroy the piece of mail." He grinned as she gave him a playful(-ish, it was playful to him, he could barely feel it, but she probably meant it in a mean way) punch to the shoulder.

She joined him a second later, laughing and leaning against him. The whole situation was true and utter shite. Cecily's laughter died down seconds later and she sobered up quickly. "I just don't know what to do." She said, sighing heavily.

She felt exhausted.

Remus turned with her as she walked across the kitchen to fill a small, stemless wine glass with some Bordeaux. "You could always have Harry choose."

She looked at him. "Choose schools?"

Remus nodded. Cecily took a large sip from her glass. "He knkws that with everything in life there are more than one choice. I....gah! Why does parenting have to be so hard?!"

Remus chuckled again, drinking from his own cup. "I'm pretty sure parents have been wondering that for a very long time."

Cecily smiled a bit bitterly into her glass. "Yes, but those parents didn't have two megalomaniacs after their child, trying to manipulate him every which way."

Remus smiled calmly at her. "I'm sure that Harry will listen to you and consider all options before picking a school to go to. I'm all for going to the Yanks for help, if need be. I heard Ilvermorny was a great school and similar to Hogwarts."

Another sigh came from her, and another drink, before she sat her glass down and walked back over to him. She looked at the letter. "No matter what, I've promised to let him choose his own destiny in life." She looked back at Remus.

The wolf sucked in a breathe at the fire in her eyes.

She continued. "But, that doesn't mean I won't do anything and everything in my power to make sure my babe is safe from danger."

And, Merlin help those poor souls that would try and harm a hair on Hadrian Potter-Graemark's head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You left me to force strangers
Into brother molds, exacting
Taxations they never
Owed or could ever pay.
You fought to die, thinking
In destruction lies the seed of birth.
You may be right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The smell of pancakes woke both Cecily and Harry up. They trudged down the hall, Harry in Cecily's arms, as they made their way towards the delicious smell. Cecily yawned jaw-breakingly as she stepped foot into the kitchen. The sight of a domestic Remus made her heart warm.