Diagon Alley Pt.2

Date: August 28, 1991- Diagon Alley/ Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions

"You're adopted?!" Draco asked incredulously. Harry nodded enthusiastically, ignoring the look coming from the boy.

"Yeah, Mama adopted me when I was about two and has been traveling with me." He continued. "That's how I met Uncle Severus and Uncle Remus!"

Draco gave him a weird look. "So that's where my godfather has been sneaking off to." He muttered to himself. He had always wanted to go with Severus on his adventures. He cocked an eyebrow at Harry. "Harry, what's your full name? Are you a pureblood?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mama, Harry's getting fitted for his school robes right now, you're just going to have to wait to see him." Cecily said, trying to get her mother to sit down for a second and not rush to meet her grandson she's not seen, but heard about.

Severus nudged Remus. "Do you know who that is?" He whispered frantically, looking at the old woman who was being ushered into a chair.

Remus cocked an eyebrow. "Cecily's mother, Severus, do keep up." He replied cheekily. It earned him another slap to the back of his head.

"No, you ninny, Thaea Graemark is one of the best Apothecaries and Spellcrafters in Africa, France, and England and is a ranking diplomat for the Ugandan Ministry of Magic." Severus replied, watching Thaea with something akin to reverence. This was his one of his heroes growing up; her ingredients for potions were the best and sought after by many for the rare gems she would find and her work in Alchemy was awe-inspiring.

Remus thought the expression on Severus' face was adorable. Who knew Severus had a little hero-worship in him? Chuckling, he pat the Potions Master on the cheek and went to stand by Cecily; she was speaking to Thaea in a a foreign dialect.

"Tulikuwa tuficha, Mama, vinginevyo napenda kukuambia." Cecily whispered quietly albeit a bit harshly. Thaea pressed her hand to her daughter's cheek.

"Unaogopa ndani yako. Mengi ya hayo, unaficha nini?" Thaea lifted her staff threateningly towards the end, shaking it in front of her daughter.

Cecily was about to reply when she heard Hadrian call for her.

"Mama!" She turned around just in time to see Hadrian prancing towards her. His smile shifted to curiosity when he spotted Thaea.

"Harry, sweetheart, this is your grandmother. Mama, this is my son, Hadrian." Cecily pulled Harry in front of her and discreetly showed her mother just why they had to go into hiding. The jagged lightning bolt scar that just brushed Harry's eyelid was a silvery color, several shades lighter than his own skin. Thaea raised are hand and Cecily took it, leading it to Harry's face; Thaea spent a minute or two tracing the scar with shaky fingers, before she dropped her hand.

Thaea 'looked' at Hadrian, then towards her daughter, and then hummed.

"I see. We will talk about things later, Cecily." She 'looked' down at her grandson and smiled warmly. "You look like your parents. Are you being taught your runes and potions?"