Slytherin's Rules

Date: September 5th, 1991/ Graemark Manor

"He's in Slytherin." Cecily stated, eyes wide in surprise. "He's.....in Slytherin? Slytherin. Slytherin?" She collapsed in one of the dining room chairs, hand on her mouth in disbelief.

"Cecily, darling, you may want to blink sometime in the next minute." Remus replied, licking his fingertips to turn to the next page of the newspaper. He picked up his cup of tea and looked at her from over his glasses.

She narrowed her gray eyes. "I would have thought you, of all people, would be more shocked by this than I am. I mean, Slytherin?"

Remus closed his eyes and chuckled; he laid the paper down besides his cup.

"You seem to forget that Severus helped you raise him and there are only two people are more Slytherin than our little snake, and one of them is the Dark Lord." Remus stated. He got up and went into the kitchen, pouring Cecily a cuppa.

Walking back over to her, he set the cup in front of her and began to rub her shoulders, trying to relieve the tension that had built up over the days since Harry had left them.

"Ugh, don't remind me. He's probably cackling away in his rooms now, but I guess, some part of me knew that Hadrian was too cunning to be anything but." She sighed and leaned into Remus' strong hands. "I guess, I was just hoping he would be a Ravenclaw instead."

Remus smiled at her. "He does have the potential to be in Ravenclaw, Dear, what with you teaching him about the basics of everything when he was younger."

"Well, one thing we know for a fact, he'll make things interesting in these years to come." She replied, sipping her tea. Remus squeezed her shoulders and kissed her cheek.

"Of course he is." He gestured vaguely at her. "Look at his parents."

"Welcome to Slytherin," Severus said, his usual slow drawl filling the quiet room. "There are three official rules for the Slytherin House," He turned to look at the first years, grimacing when he saw yet another Weasley in his house.

"One," He continued. "Any arguments or boisterous activities are for inside the common areas only, they are not permitted outside of the dungeons whatsoever and the first person to break that rule will have to report to me every day after classes for a month to wash the cauldrons. Two, If you do so choose to be rebellious or anything of the sort, don't get caught- it doesn't matter if you break the rules, just don't get caught breaking them. Three, Slytherin is a family, no matter who you are or where you come from, all Slytherins must and will protect each other- no exceptions." He gave the group a cursory, cold glance. "Do I make myself clear on that?"

The first years all nodded vigorously, eagerly.

"Excellent." With that, he swept out of the room gracefully.

"Harry, you're Uncle is a scary person." Ron muttered, out of the corner of his mouth.

"He's my Godfather and I still get shivers every time he pulls out the 'Stare'" Draco commented.

Harry laughed. "He's honestly not that bad, and Ron, you do know that he's not actually my Uncle, right?"

Ron shrugged, bony shoulders lifting sluggishly. "Live in Potions Master, who just happens to know and is friends with your mum."

Draco snickered. "'Friends'. Uncle Sev definitely wishes to be more than friends with Hadrian's mother."

Harry raised his brows, eyes wide in surprise. "Really?" Draco snorted and cocked his hip out.

"Don't tell me you haven't noticed?" He asked, looking at Harry incredulously. "Harry, he's been crushing on Miss. Graemark for a while, I'm surprised you haven't noticed it, what with living with him for so long."

Harry shook his head. "I always assumed that Remus would be the one to sweep mum off her feet."

"Well,"

"It's probably,"

"Going to,"

"Be both."

Harry jumped as two people spoke from behind him. Ron grinned and clapped him on the shoulder.

"Harry, meet my brothers, Fred and George." Ron introduced. The duo redheads bowed at the waist.

"A pleasure." They said together.

"Weasley, I don't know how you survive in your house with those two." Draco said, grimacing. "They seem like they'd drive me absolutely bonkers."

Fred and George grinned mischievously. "We'll take that as a compliment. Though, you should know that Ronnie-kins here is just as bad, if not worse, than us. He can certainly hold his own."

"Of course he can," Harry replied, giving the twins a coy look. "If he couldn't than he wouldn't have been placed in Slytherin." Ron smiled at him.

Fred and George wrapped their arms around Harry. "We like you, what was your name again?"

Harry wriggled out of their hold. "Hadrian Grademark, pleased to make your acquaintance."

"Well," Fred said, eyes wide. "Now we have even more reason to like you- your mother was legendary in her dueling club in school."

"She was almost undefeated, but a small group of Gryffindors were just slightly better than her." George commented.

"What were their names?" Draco asked, curiously.

"Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and..." George said, counting off the names on his fingers.

"James Potter." Fred finished. The two were grinning like loons. "Fantastic pranksters, they were."

Harry briefly glanced at Draco, a small worrying expression flitted across his face before he smiled pushing his thoughts to the back of his mind. Draco pursed his lips and turned back to the twins.

Ron frowned, having caught the brief silent conversation between the two; they were hiding something and he wanted to know what.