Diagon Pt. 1

"Before all else, be armed"
~Niccolo Machiavelli
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: August 28, 1991- Diagon Alley (All the dates from this chapter on should be correct.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hadrian, slow down will you! We still have to stop by the robe shop and get your school robes!" Cecily called towards her son as she maneuvered through the crowd of wizards. Severus was to her left looking extremely put out by the whole affair and Remus was to her right, a cheeky grin on his handsome face.

Cecily huffed and stopped walking, putting her hands on her hips. "I swear, one of these days I'm going to buy a pair of muggle cuffs and chain that boy to a lamp post. At least then, I'll know where he's at."

She ignored the snorts and chuckles of the two men and closed her eyes, focusing on her magical bond with Harry to track him. Using her third eye, she saw him entering Madam Malkin's and shook her head, tucking her magic back into her core and opening her eyes.

"Well, at least he's going into the correct store." She said, and began walking again.

"You should really keep a more severe tracking charm on the boy." Severus drawled. He felt out of place without his usual robes and found the casual attire all too weird.

"He's a free spirit, Severus, he'll do as he pleases." Remus commented, earning a mild glare from the Potions Master.

"Our bond can only be broken with death, as it is with most Magical parents. I believe the muggles call it maternal and paternal instincts." Cecily replied, as they neared the shop.

"Except that time he was lost in the Himalayas." Severus muttered, holding open the door for the witch and wizard.

"Why, thank you , my dear Severus. How kind of you, right Remus?" Cecily said, overly dramatic as she swooned into the werewolf, a hand on her forehead.

Remus played along, wrapped one arm around Cecily's waist and used his other hand to caress Severus' cheek. "Yes, darling, who knew that there were still gentlemen in the world."

The two broke out into laughter as Severus snarled, ripping his face away and pushing the two away from the door, going inside the shop himself.

Cecily, still swooned and in Remus' arms, looked up at the werewolf. "Too much?"

Remus smiled down at her softly. "Maybe a little." But then, they burst out into a whole new round of giggles and followed Severus inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are ye looking for anything in particular, dear?" A woman asked Harry as he ran a hand across the different fabrics in the store, comparing the textures and the colors as he probed them visually.

"I need to get school robes," Harry said, sweetly. Looking back at the fire orange, silky fabric under his hand, he looked up to the woman again. "Can I also get fitted for casual robes, robes for official outings, dress robes, and gloves- I think that's everything..."

"You'll also need winter cloaks and gloves, as well as a pair of dragonhide boots." Severus drawled, coming up to stand behind Harry, an annoyed look on his face.

"Sev'rus, you know this laddie then?" Madam Malkin asked, leaning over the counter she was behind; her quill had finished annotating them and had settled down besides her.

Severus rolled his eyes. "Unfortunately."

Harry let out an indignant 'Hey!' and poked the man in the ribs. "You like me and Mama, don't pretend that you don't." He said, grinning up at Severus.