S.L. Chaulin/ K.C.S

"So, tell me again, exactly why you told the Malfoy family who Hadrian is," Sarah Chaulin said, pressing an ink stained hand to her forehead as she massaged away the tension. The privacy barrier around her and Cecily was reinforced with silencing charms and an opaque glass charm that lawyers in the wizarding world only really used in court.

"Honestly, because I know that the more political influence someone has, the better their protection is. Lucius Malfoy is someone who would protect those closest to him. If he and his heir can provide the protection, me and mine cannot, then I'll gladly accept the Malfoy's gesture of friendship." Cecily answered, straightforwardly. "Plus, I want to see what I can do for Narcissa."

Sarah looked up at her client and friend. "What's wrong with Lady Black?"

Cecily just shook her head. "Not my place to tell, Sarah. Besides that, it'll be better in the long run if Hadrian is surrounded by powerful wizards. He's only surrounded by three at home, and we are not enough to stop Dumbledore nor the Dark Lord from taken and/or killing my son."

Sarah nodded and sighed deeply. "I see your points and agree with you. The old man is causing trouble- well he has been causing trouble, but more than usual. I believe, that it has something to do with your son coming to Hogwarts." She waved her wand and the barriers and charms dropped.

"Everything okay?" Severus whispered in her ear from his spot on her left. Cecily shook her head and turned to look at him. Their lips nearly brushed.

Cecily released a little cough and leaned back a but to look at the dark haired man. "Sarah is a very cautious person..."

"She should be in her profession, she'll never fully know just the type of person she represents." Severus interrupted, his tone soft.

"Yes, well, she also doesn't really trust anyone and takes her job very seriously. She just had to ask me some questions." Cecily replied, patting his hand. Severus glanced down at her hand resting on his and slowly entwined their fingers together.

"Now," Sarah said, dropping a file onto her desk and effectively breaking the reverie of the duo. "Let's get on with business, shall we?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After affirming an alliance with the Malfoy family, they went their separate ways. Cecily led her boys back into Diagon, towards Ollivanders for Harry's first wand.

"But what if I don't find my wand at Ollivanders?" Harry asked, walking with a little skip in his step. He glanced up at his mum and watched as a thoughtful expression passed her face.

"Then, we'll just have to find someone who can make you one; one that'll fit you perfectly." She replied, smiling at her.

"There's always Gregorovich." Remus chimed in. Severus snorted and rolled his eyes.

"He rarely makes wands for anyone anymore. We're better off going to Ollivanders than him at this point." Severus replied, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Could Grandma make me one?" Harry asked, curiously. Thaea seemed like she could make him the best wand ever.

Cecily shook her head. "My mother is good at many things, but Wandmaking is not one of them. She gets too impatient with weaving the wood and the core together."

Harry nodded and hummed as they entered the building. He gasped as he looked around. Floor to ceiling shelves with hundreds of wands filled the room. A small counter with a bell sat in front of the door and a book was open on top of it. Nobody was inside, besides them.