Hogsmeade pt. 1

*The picture is by CelticBotan on Deviantart

Date: October 25th, 1991/ Hogsmead Weekend

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry trailed through the aisles in the library, trying to find something to read; it seemed as if that's all he wanted to do lately. Just curl up in a loveseat in an abandoned corner of the library with a good, compelling story and maybe a strong cup of tea, and get away from his friends for a little while. It wasn't that he didn't want to hang out with them, but ever since the Marauder's Map was introduced to them, the twins and Ron had been doing some research- along with copious amounts of pranks on the unsuspecting student body- and Harry wasn't ready to open up that can of worms.

He hummed in thought as his fingers brushed against the spines of the old tomes, grimacing when none really interested him.

"If you're looking for something interesting to read, I would suggest Igor Simonov's Book of Runes, or The Practical Guide to Animagus Transfiguration, or Fundamentals of the Healing Arts." A voice spoke up behind him. Harry jumped slightly, turning around to see a familiar looking girl with hair almost as crazy as his, light brown eyes, and teeth that were just a little bit too big for her face. She smiled gently and held out her hand. "Hermione Granger, First Year Ravenclaw."

Harry's eyes widened in recognition. He cracked his own smile and shook her hand. "Hadrian Graemark. And thanks, I was looking for a bit of a distraction."

Her eyes crinkled mischievously and she smirked at him. "I could tell, you've been wandering the shelves for almost an hour and have yet to pick a single book." She crossed her arms and Harry rolled his eyes playfully.

"It's hard to find something I haven't read before. My mother was a Ravenclaw when she went to school and her library is full of all kinds of books." He replied, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly. "She made sure I practiced everything I read and then more."

Hermione looked at him, a little jealous of him. "That sounds like a dream come true, if I'm being honest. I have a thirst for knowledge." She had a dreamy look in her gaze as her mind drifted off at the thought of piles and piles of books around her and warm fireplaces. Harry chuckled at his new friend, finding her passion for books mildly amusing.

"I can tell, wouldn't be a good Ravenclaw if you weren't scholarly." He commented, leaning against the study table. He smirked softly at her when she snorted and shook her head at him.

"Okay, Mr. Slytherin, I wouldn't talk to me about being a Ravenclaw, seeing as you practically grew up a Ravenclaw. How did you end up in the house you're in, being as studious as you are? I know that your roommate- Ronald was it?- isn't nearly as serious about his studies as you are." She argued back. She tilted her head to the side, eying him with blanent curiosity. Hermione's stance was defensive, in that she definitely would debate with Hadrian Graemark about the importance of gathering and storing information and that it wasn't stupid to be prepared for anything.

Harry held up his hands in surrender, noicing the sudden change in atmosphere. He simply shrugged and answered her question, "I simply have more ambition than my mother," He tucked his hands into the pockets of his slacks. "She's already the Headmaster where she works and is content with where she is at for the time being. I, on the other hand, want adventure! I want to seek out new things and study magic and travel the world one day. There's a lot out there and I want to see it all." He grinned widely at her wide-eyed expression.

"Plus, it'll give me time to plan out how to take over the world of course." He added on, mostly for her amusement. Hermione gasped incredulously and punched him lightly on the shoulder, giggling when he shook it off and smiled harder, eyes crinkling happily.