Intro

"Still no updates?"

I sighed in disappointment as I stared at the unchanged date on the website page. Its been six months since my favorite author last updated her work, six months of hopeful waiting with a tad of frustration.

I looked into the forum and just like the author's other loyal readers, they were curious about her sudden disappearance. She used to take breaks once in a while but she always make sure to leave us a message. This time, there was nothing.

Some are saying that the author was sick and was admitted in a hospital, others said she retired from writing, and there are also speculations of her supposed death. No one really knows her outside of the website so we don't know the truth.

I decided to reread the author's older works while waiting for new updates. I was already done with my homework so  I still have some time to spend before I go to bed. I chose to read her first written book called "The Prince and the Peasant." The same book which catapulted me into the world of ancient Chinese novels and started my love for the said genre. Sipping on my cup of instant coffee, I shifted on my seat and started reading. I've read the story so many times and yet, the antagonist Bai Fan still gets into my nerves. Her evilness makes me want to beat the living daylights out of her. I was so engrossed in cursing the villainess in the story that when a notification popped in my screen, I almost screamed in delight. I quickly clicked on the notification and I couldn't help but grin when I saw the updated status.

"I'm back!" I read the bold red letters out loud.

The author is back! Flexing my fingers, I wrote a response welcoming her back. The comment section was then filled with happy notes for the author.

Suddenly, I felt dizzy and the room started to move in a circular motion. I managed to grip on the table's edge as I tried to steady myself.

"What is..." My sight was becoming blurry, "Happening?"

I calmed myself, gulping down the sense of panic that was creeping up on me. Taking in a deep breath, my head started to clear, the pain subsiding.

Closing my laptop and decided to head to bed. Thinking that I was only tired, I closed my eyes and slept.