III

When I woke up, it was already noon and there was no one beside me. Though the rumpled sheets told me that Chen Yu Liang did sleep here last night.

As I walked out from the room, I was greeted by the Chen Manor's servants. They politely bowed their heads and continued with their work.

I took this chance to walk around the house. Compared to the Su Manor, the Chen Manor was bigger and grander. I was amazed knowing that now, I am the lady in charge of this beautiful place.

"Young Miss, are you looking for Young Master?" Xiao Yu asked as she approached, carrying a tray of food.

I nodded. I can't outright say that I wasn't or else, Xiao Yu would think differently.

"The Young Master went to the palace and will come back this afternoon." Xiao Yu informed me as she led me to one of the several pavilions that was scattered throughout the Chen Manor.

"Xiao Yu," I spoke as I watched her arrange the different dishes in front of me, "I would like to go and greet mother and father."

Even though I came from the modern times, I knew that I needed to give my greetings to my husband's parents. It was the right thing to do.

I noticed the sudden shift of Xiao Yu's expression. Her bright eyes turned dull and the smile she was wearing stiffened into a thin frown.

Did I say something wrong? I wanted to ask but the way she reacted told me not to inquire further.

Xiao Yu finished fixing the dishes and looked at me, "Young Miss, in the future, please don't mention anything about Prince Chen and Princess Bai. Especially not in front of Young Master."

I just nodded in understanding. It seemed like the Chen Manor is hiding something and I have no plans of finding it out. Xiao Yu had warned me about, it just meant that it's complicated and I don't want to deal with more problems anymore.

"Young Miss, please eat. This servant will leave for a moment. Do call for me if you needed anything." The smile which Xiao Yu had worn earlier was back, this time, it didn't reach her ears.

Finishing the food, I decided to go back to my room. I have only brought a few belongings with me from the Su Manor and so I was planning on going out to buy some clothes and personal stuff. I ordered one of the servants to call Xiao Yu for me and she came immediately.

"Young Miss, do you need anything?" Xiao Yu asked me.

I explained the situation to Xiao Yu and she agreed to accompany me. First, we went to Fu Zhuang and brought new clothes. I was about to pay but Xiao Yu had stopped me, saying that the clothing shop was owned by the Chens.

Next, she brought me to Ying Yi restaurant. She also introduced me to the manager, a man named Yu Lang. I must say, the food was incredible. Taking out my purse, Xiao Yu stopped me once again. Even this restaurant was owned by the Chens.

Good heavens! If this was the modern world, then I married a wealthy CEO. Just how wealthy are the Chen Family? Thinking about it, it wasn't really that shocking considering that they were a part of the Xu Empire's Royal Family.

It was already late in the afternoon when we arrived home. I went to my room and started furnishing the wide space. An hour had passed and a knock came from the outside.

"Young Miss, the Young Master requests your presence in the dining hall." A servant announced.

"En."

I fixed myself to look presentable and hurriedly followed the servant to the dining hall.

A man, whom I suppose is Chen Yu Lian, was waiting for me at the table. I haven't really seen him last night as I was knocked unconscious by the wine I drank. His eyes were closed as he leaned on the chair.

I cleared my throat and he shifted on his seat, blinking his eyes open. A smile crept up his face when he saw me, "Su Baise..."

Hearing my name, I lowered my head in greetings, "Your highness..."

He motioned for me to sit and I did.

"Come closer." He said, amusement evident in his voice.

I stood up and sat on the next chair beside me.

"Closer."

I stood up once again and sat on the chair beside him. I was being obedient as I don't want to leave a bad impression on him. He's my only shot at a good life, I can't miss it.

"That's better."

He then picked up a food using his own chopsticks and brought it to my mouth. Knowing what he intend to do, I opened my mouth and started to chew.

The smile on his face went wider. So he likes people who participates. Good, I'll strive to participate more with you.

"How's the taste?" He asked me, "I wasn't sure if you'd like the taste of Xu cuisine so I ordered the kitchen to prepare Han delicacies for you."

My eyes widened in surprise. He really did that? How considerate! I guess its not bad that I married him.

"It tastes good." I answered. I didn't even know the difference between the Xu and Han cuisine. If its good food, then its good food.

The entire dinner time, I was fed by him. He also kept a casual conversation going so I wasn't bored. After eating, he took my hand and we went for a walk.

"Su Baise, do you believe in miracles?" Chen Yu Lian asked out of the blue. We were talking about the crickets and cicadas when the question popped in.

I remained quiet.

Is me being here considered a miracle? Or a curse?