(2) The Discreet

OhmToonz POV

"Hurry up man!" Luke half yelled and half whispered, he was currently on watch, guarding while Ryan pick the lock. "Shut up." Ryan scolded as he tried to focus on the lock, after some few errors... he finally heard the click sound. "It's Open." He announced, grabbed his bag and getting inside the room.

Roaming around, he immediately got over the computer and hacked it. "Come on man!" He could hear Luke shout followed by a series of gunshots. Ryan was able to hack the computer, he transferred the files successfully. "I got it!" He exclaimed and placed it inside his bag.

Joining Cartoonz, both made a V line towards their runaway vehicle. "Start it up OHM!" Cartoonz yelled as he aimed for the police car tires, flattening them. Ohm was able to start up the vehicle and drove. "Phew! That was close!" Cartoonz sighed, naturally he would hear Ohm reply but all he got was silence. He glanced over to see Ohm focused on the road, hands gripping on the stirring wheel, eyebrows furrowed. A sweat dropped as Cartoonz gulped down, it was weird but all this stuff happened. Just after their one year break, Ohm came back... Cold.

Cartoonz glanced outside, his rifle over his lap, they're getting back to their base, it was time to pick up new kids and for the looks of it, Ohm was not having it. Every two years, two teenagers get picked out so when the time comes, they could move to an even bigger missions. Going outside the country type of thing and they would leave the newbies to replace their old jobs.

Ohm huffed, his eyes stirred over to Cartoonz, he had successfully stayed distant and cold. Not after what happened last year, he had decided to stay far away and prove Cartoonz he's not weak. They passed over the alleyway and to the base. The apartment complex is pretty old but it's a part of the dark, hidden places. Doesn't attract as many cops at all. Ohm parked the truck and got out, followed by Cartoonz, carrying their guns in the bag and the cash on the other, they wordlessly passed the rotting corridor. Smoke and drugs filled the air as they walked through, the drug dealers live with them, also is the other criminals; Thieves, assassin's, child offenders and hackers. They're all inside, fitting in like a can of sardines.

Ohm opened the door, heading for his room before Cartoonz stopped him, "don't forget, we'll be getting the kids tomorrow." Cartoonz spoke as he took off his devil mask, Ohm placed his hand over the knob, "I know. No need to tell me twice." He turned the door and got in, slamming it shut. Cartoonz sighed as he rolled his hand over his hair, slightly tugging it. "F*** man, I was just remindin' ya," he closed his eyes and looked over the window. "What have I done wrong?" He grabbed a bottle of beer and got over to his room.

/\/\/\/\/\/\

Ohm woke up from the rattle that was happening outside, glancing at the clock, it's almost 12:00 pm. He stood up and walked over his window, his eyes widen as he saw a red and blue light from the distance, estimated time before the cops arrive, twenty minutes. He hurried over out his room, going over to his partner's room, he slammed the door open and saw Cartoonz sprawled over his bed, he had drank four beers. Ohm groaned and started slapping Cartoonz awake, "ugghh... Go away!" He stirred in his sleep, Ohm rolled his eyes, seventeen minutes left. His eyes saw a bottle of water over the nightstand, grabbing it, he twisted the cap open and poured the water all over Cartoonz's face.

"W-WHAT THE F@#* OHM!" he yelled, standing up, awake and sober. His face dripping wet, he glared over the brunette. "C'mon! Cops are coming in fifteen minutes." Throwing a bag over his direction, Ohm got out and head back to his room, and started packing things. Cartoonz now fully awake, opened his closet over and basically threw all the clothes he could grab onto the bag. He got over the bathroom, grabbing his toothbrush, to make sure no evidence in showing off their identities. He dropped to his knees, pulled out a bag full of guns and ammunition. Another bag full of money they got from yesterday.

He rummaged through his belongings before his eyes landed on the picture of him and Ohm completing their first mission together. They had celebrated and he could remember how 'normal' things were. He grabbed the picture and stuffed it inside his bag. He got outside of his room with three bags full. Ohmwrecker was already outside, carrying two bags before grabbing another bag for food. Ohm opened their fridge, placing the chips and cup noodles inside. A few beers too, both nodded while carrying over six bags. They got outside their room, Ohm looked over his watch, his eyes widened. Five minutes, the two ran towards the emergency exit.

Going over the truck, they dumped their bags over the back except for the guns. The two got inside, starting the vehicle and getting the hell out of there, blue and red lights came to view from their rearview mirror. They both breathe as they got out from the ambush, a few minutes later, Ohm realized what they're missing, "..f***..." He breathed as Cartoonz looked over at him, "what?" Ohm stopped the car and started going back, "the kids." He muttered from under his breath, Cartoonz smacked his head with his hand.

Not that the situation could get even worse, a cop car appeared from the corner and started following them. "What the hell! Where did they come from?!" Cartoonz yelled as he strapped the mask over his face, getting a rifle out from the bag. "Keep driving Ohm, I'd get the cops off." He said as Ohm nodded, Driving towards the school, by the time, it better be lunch time now.