(13) Outlaw Charles

Seven days had passed, Marcel is walking around the headquarters, reporting from his last mission. He opened the door to his room and saw Evan pacing around inside. "Evan," Marcel asked a bit surprise to see him for the first time since the last. "Marcel, I... I'm sorry, I just really needed to talk to someone and Tyler isn't here, I just can't.." Evan paced, talking past, Marcel already knew about Tyler. He got stabbed with a knife covered in poison. He approached Evan slowly then placed his hands on his shoulders to keep him still. "Hey... It's not your fault... Heck, if Tyler wasn't there you could've been dead." Marcel gently spoke, trying to calm Evan down, "If he wasn't there, he could've been okay. Safe. It's exactly my fault." Replied Evan as he slowly sat down on Marcel's bed. "Hey, it's not like we loss him," Marcel spoke and gave Evan a reassuring smile, "why don't we go and check on him?" He asked, handing out a hand, Evan then smiled back and nodded, taking Marcel's hand, "thanks man," he spoke as Marcel chuckled and opened the door, "what are friends for?"

The two entered the clinic where they tend their agents. Right outside the room is where Evan and Marcel stood, they both looked at each other and nodded, Evan placed his hand on the doorknob when the door suddenly pushed forward, opening it from the other side, now they're facing a tall man with blue-ish eyes, The boys suddenly straightened up, "Sir" Evan spoke, keeping his face stern as possible, the man shook his head, "don't worry Evan, I know that it wasn't your fault. Come in," the man gestured as the two boys got inside the room. On the bed was Tyler lying unconscious, he got bandages wrapped around his whole left leg, you see the swelling of skin and the blood stain. Marcel nudged Evan to get him closer, the man stood by the side of Evan, the room was filled with silence... Marcel backed up to give them space.

"I'm so sorry... It was my fault." Evan was the first one to speak, he shook his head down, the man's eyes soften and saw the sadness from Evan, he knew well that Saito was never a good father to his children. "I'll be lying to you if I say that I'm not mad, but Evan... It's not your fault, really. Tyler was just there to keep you safe." He patted Evan's shoulder, at least him, he would try to be a father figure to Evan. The child has already gone through a lot. "But Mr. Wilde.." Evan insisted as the guy shook his head, "Nonsense now, my boy here had always love being a hero, so promise me this Evan." Sir Wilde's voice was quite serious, Evan nodded to show he's listening. "This is your chance to repay my son, Keep him safe." Evan saw how sincere is Tyler's father, he nodded Keeping the promise. "I may not able to be there to protect him, but at least You'd be there for him. Wouldn't you?" Evan nodded once again, "I assure you not, Tyler's gonna be safe until the very end of my life." The man smiled then hugged Evan which cost Evan to be slightly startled. Is this what having a caring father feels like? Evan hugged back, in the corner of the room, Marcel smiled gently, he slowly left the room to give them some more space. And now... Time to hunt down the guy that did this to Tyler.

~~~

Marcel pushed open the door, the smell of old beer immediately hit his nostrils, as he stepped inside a couple of men had glued they're gaze on the black hoodied boy, sweating a bit, Marcel continued his way towards the bar, according to his investigation, Games a.k.a the ex vigilante used to go here. They suddenly found out that the two were the same since two years before, Games was a popular psycho along with his friend, Delirious. And suddenly, Games just stopped going on heists with Delirious which lead them to the conclusion that the two boys are one. Marcel placed his hand on the counter, the bartender raised an eyebrow, "sorry kid, we don't serve babies." The man joked and a few buffed men laughed, Marcel just sighed, he have to get over with this.

He took out the only taken shot of 'Games' and showed it to the man, "I need information." His voice spoke with seriousness, the bartender furrowed his eyebrow wondering what a kid like him has to do with Games. "Games, our famous Wonderboy, he always comes here for a small drink and to practice his targets." The bartender spoke as he pointed towards a dart board, Marcel just nodded, ushing him to continue, "look kid, whoever you are, that boy is long gone. Never came back since," the man continued, placing the mug down and placing whiskey in.