(3) Crossed Paths

Brian and David reached the cafeteria to see the others already there. Evan was seated besides Lui and Tyler, across from them, Brian and David took a seat. Evan smiled, "He's here now Lui~" Lui blushed a bit before yelling, "shut up". David chuckled and reached across the table then kissed Lui on the forehead. Tyler rolled his eyes, "Gaaayyyy" he spoke as Craig punched him at the arm. "Like you're not one.." Evan glanced as Tyler glared at him, "I'm not." He huffed out as Evan sighed, "keep denying it then." Tyler stayed silent, Craig and Evan spoke while David and Lui flirt. Brian stirred his spoon on the bowl of soup, his mind only drifted to the boy he miss, "Hey guys," Brock's voice startled him, he glanced to his left and saw the tank top wearing guy with a cheeky smile, holding a tray. Brock asked again, "May I eat with you?" Before Brian could even speak, David stood up and sat down next to Lui with a grin, "of course you can!" David exclaimed, Brock nodded and sat down besides a tomato faced Brian.

"Hey Brock, Was just wondering, the teachers assigned me to give this new student a tour and I was wondering if you could do it for me.." Evan said as Brock calmly listened. "Well... I don't...-" "Brian's with you!" Evan immediately spoke and this made Brian looked at him in a confused look. "He'll be accompanying you since he feels a bit bored." Evan finished, Brock smiled then nodded. Leaving Brian with nothing to say, oh boy, he knows this is gonna be torture.

"What's the student's name Evan?" Brock asked while Brian silently groan, "he's name is Bryce, you'll see him by the fountain."

\/\/\/\/

Walking over, Brock and Brian stayed silent. Brian glanced over at Brock and saw him... Shy, a bit hesitating, Brian prepared the talk inside his head, "Geez, Evan is quite lazy today.." Brian awkwardly raised his arms to his head then peeked over at Brock, he was still silent. Brian sighed and dropped his hands, "It's a nice weather today, isn't it?" He tried once again, deep down he knows, Brock would just be friendly around at public to humiliate/torture him but when they're alone... He knew that Brock's mad. He knew that Brock was upset about last year.. and he's regretting what he did.

Just as Brian was about to try one more time, Brock had enough of it, stopping and facing him, "what are you getting at exactly Brian?" He huffed in anger as Brian stopped right in front of him. "I just... Well..-" "I have to act like I'm so in to you in front of them, Right? Well I did it. Done it. " Brock cried out as Brian remained speechless, "I've done it! I've done what you wanted! So could you just stop playing with my feelings??!!" Brock continued, hot tears seeped out from his eyes, Brian sighed, he doesn't want this. He doesn't, because the truth is, he wanted Brock to like him. He wanted it to be real. And because of last year, he messed it all up, the chance to win Brock over. "Brock... I..-" "save your apology for others because you know damn well that I won't accept it." Brock stomped out, leaving Brian there, heaving down, Brian just looked at his feet with his hand gripping on his arm, "What have I Done?"

\/\/\/\/

"Alright Ohm, the cops will be back at our tail not for long so go find a kid already." Cartoonz explained as Ohm burst out the door before facing him, "I know. I'm not dumb Cartoonz." He spoke and left Cartoonz with his lip pressed together creating a thin line, he sighed and got out of the car. Cartoonz walked down searching for a suitable kid, his eyes stopped at a tank top wearing guy walking up to a blonde boy that looks younger than him. Cartoonz sneaked in the bushes and watched them, "Hey... Are you Bryce?" The kid with the mohawk asked, "uhhh... Yes. Are you Evan?" The blonde kid named Bryce asked, "oh no, Evan's my friend. I'm Brock by the way," The guy replied, Bryce nodded then smiled, "I'm Bryce and... I'm new as you could see," he said nervously as 'Brock' chuckled then shook his hand,
Cartoonz looked down, he suddenly got the feeling of being drawn to this 'Brock' guy, probably because... Because... "He sounds so much like Ohm..." He spoke beneath his breath, he seemed to find his objective.

Ohm cursed under his breath as he snuggled inside his hoodie, he curse Cartoonz for being so bossy. He feels like he's weaker, the weakest link. His eyebrows ceased together as he continued down, he was so busy looking down that he didn't noticed he bumped into a person. "Aw.." Ohm muttered and the person shot, "watch it.." Ohm looked up, ready to give the guy a glare when he stopped on his tracks,  The guy douche impression changed and immediately helped Ohm. "I'm sorry... I..." Brian sighed as Ohm kept staring at his eyes, for some funny reason, the eye reminds him of his daredevil partner. Ohm smiled a bit, Brian's actions reminded him when the first time him and Cartoonz met. They became roommates then, not surprisingly, they became partners.

The years they've spent, man... How long was it? Ohm stopped reminiscing when he saw Brian on the verge of crying, "H-hey... You okay?" Ohm asked with a worried look. Brian began sniffing, he don't know why but he immediately found comfort with this mysterious guy in a grey hoodie.

Cartoonz walked out from the bush he was hiding then walked towards the two boys. He forced a smile, he knew there was only a little time left before the cops got to them. "Hey there kids! Mind if I borrow your friend for a bit?" He asked as he grabbed Brock by the arm, Bryce saw the shocked expression of Brock then stuttered. "I-I Don't kno-know... B-but I think that B-brock's busy.." Bryce explained as Cartoonz gave him a more intense visible force of smile, "It will be quick, I swear." Cartoonz replied, inside the young boy's mind knew that it was a Stranger Danger situation but Cartoonz really, really have to go. Now. Brock saw the older man's expression then kept himself calm and nodded slowly, "Don't worry Bryce, this will just be quick." Brock spoke as he put his most calm face on, but inside, he's shaking. He feels so little, he hadn't felt this like years... He's used to being be little until Brian came and scared away his bullies. Ugh, how he hated relying on Brian too much.

Cartoonz smirked to himself, he looked at his watch, it won't be long... Ohm should have gotten someone by now. He ringed Ohm in the phone because right now, he got his objective following behind. The call answered and Ohm's voice filled his ears, "what?" Ohm's voice sounded irritated and distressed, Ohm looked at his side, a about-to-cry Brian by his side, Ohm's heart melted and sighed, he almost forgot about their mission.
"Hey... Brian, let's go talk somewhere, I'll buy you a drink maybe," Ohm suggested slowly tugging Brian to stand up, "uhh...I gotta get to class soon," Brian hesitated, "C'mon, please?" Ohm asked, Cartoonz told him that no one could resist if he does this. Brian sighed then nodded, standing up and following Ohm,

/\/\/\/\

"Okay...so, what do you want?" Brock found the courage to ask as Cartoonz impatiently waited for his partner. "We're waiting for my... Friend." Cartoonz trailed off as Brock raised a brow, he was about to ask something when a voice called out, "Cartoonz!" The sound of Ohm's voice made Cartoonz sighed in relief, Brock looked over to see a man with a grey hoodie and behind him was a slowly following Brian.

"Brian??" Brock asked in confusion as to why the Irishman was here, "Brock??" Brian asked the same question in his head, Ohm stared at the two, quite surprised. "You guys know each other?" He asked and not soon, the sound of police siren rang from the distance, "alright, introduction later, in you go," Cartoonz spoke as he practically shoved Brock inside the vehicle. "Wait, what are you-" Ohm pushed Brian inside and got inside the truck, Cartoonz putting on his seatbelt, "Sorry Brian, we'll explain later." Ohm exclaimed as he put on his seatbelt.

The Cartoonz started the engine, behind them was Brock and Brian processing what the heck is happening.